• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe DNG Converter Install fails after uninstalling a previous instance

New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Short version, uninstalled Adobe DNG Converter and reinstall fails.

Current configuration:

Running a Mac with OS 10.15.6

DNG converter 12.2

Adobe CC with the latest LR and PS on the mac.  Everything was working great until I was suddenly having issues with the Adobe DNG Converter and a program that utilizes the converter (LRTimelpase) despite making no settings changes for either.  I uninstalled both apps by dragging the applications to the trash can.  Tried to reinstall Adobe DNG Converter.

I cannot reinstall the Adobe DNG Converter with version 12.2 or 12.4Beta.  Every time I try an install I get a message saying "The installation failed.  The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail.  Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."  No further information is given.

I cannot empty the old Adobe DNG Converter out of the trash can because "The operation can’t be completed because the item Adobe DNG Converter is in use."  When I restore the app in the trash to the apps folder it will not run because"You can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete."

How can I reinstall Adobe DNG Converter? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Something on your system if in conflict. You may have other software interfering or the OS is wonky. 

IF you restart in Safe Mode (restart with shift key down), still an issue? 

I suppose someone (me?) could zip the application so you can maybe bypass the installer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Aug 10, 2020 Aug 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All working on this end. 

Have you tried restarting the Mac then doing an install? After such a restart, there should be no such message about DNG converter in use. 

This could be an issue with "Security and Privacy" settings, check there after a resetart. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have completely powered off and back on many times.  I have used the activity tracker and Adobe DNG converter is not open.

The installer still fails for both 12.2 and 12.4 Beta.  The old version is still in the trash bin and can't be removed because it is "in use."   When I restore it to the app folder from the trash, it no longer has the original icon and when trying to run the same message appears "You can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete."

Very frustrating because the original install months ago went fine and everything worked for months after.  I wish there was a message or log as to why the installer failed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you log in as another user (you may need to create one), does it work? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had already tried using a different account, same results.

When logged into another user account, non admin, the Adobe DNG Converter is listed under apps, but does not run.  Same message "You can't open the application because it may be damaged or incomplete."  Installer fails as well.

The original account that had the issue and the only account that had used the Adobe DNG Converter was the admin account.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 11, 2020 Aug 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Something on your system if in conflict. You may have other software interfering or the OS is wonky. 

IF you restart in Safe Mode (restart with shift key down), still an issue? 

I suppose someone (me?) could zip the application so you can maybe bypass the installer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 14, 2020 Aug 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Didn't have time to get back to this until today.

Rebooted in safe mode.

* Adobe DNG Converter still cannot be removed from trash can

* Installer still fails

* Restoring the Adobe DNG Converter to apps still leaves it with a null icon and won't launch

Probably reinstalling the OS.  Something is not right obviously.  LR is now crashing occasionally as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2020 Aug 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Everything is now working.

I think the correct answer was something was wrong with the OS and potentially a process was interrupted using the DNG Converter.  Reinstalled the OS, then reinstalled the Adobe DNG Converter and other programs and everything is now working as intended.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines