• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cache2 - what is it, who created it, who uses it, can I just delete it?

Explorer ,
Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The full path is C:/Users/Don/AppData/Local/Adobe/Camera Raw/Cache2

NOT Cache, Cache2!

The file takes up 8G on my C drive and I really need to either get rid of it or purge it. But going to Photoshop Preferences>Camera Raw >Camera Raw Cache and changing Maximum Size does not affect this file.  Neither does Purge Cache.  What is this file?  Who created it? Who uses it?  Can I just delete it?  Does ANYONE know anything about this file?  Having a LOT of trouble finding any information about it.  Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bozito,

This is the default folder where Camera Raw stores cache, if you'd like you may delete it and this folder will be created again when Camera Raw will start to save temp cache info.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a folder.  It is a FILE.  And the name of the file is CACHE2, not CACHE.  There is also a file named CACHE in the same folder, by the way.  And in Preferences, cache is the file name displayed, not cache2.  So my question remains, "What is cache2 and why does it exist?  Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It isn't a folder.  It is a FILE.  And the name of the file is CACHE2

What is the file extension? Can you post a screenshot?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oops I am very sorry!  I need to always check what I think is true before I post a reply saying that someone else is wrong!  A problem I seem to have trouble correcting.  Yes, cache and cache2 are folders.  After I did a Purge Cache, it emptied cache but not cache2. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines