• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 10.5 not working with Lightroom 6

New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My old laptop broke (screen became detached from keyboard).  I installed Lightroom 6 on my new Windows-based computer, downloaded Camera Raw 10.5, and ran it. When I go to import *.cr2 photos from my Canon 6D Mark II, I get an error message.  The message says, "The files are not recognized by the raw format support in Lightroom (163)".  When I checked the Adobe website, it states that the Canon 6D Mark II is supported by Camera Raw Versions 9.12 and above.  It worked fine on my old computer.  What is the problem?  

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Problem has been fixed.  Lightroom 6.0 did not originally support the Canon 6D Mark II, but updating to version 14 of this software fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 29, 2022 Jan 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problem has been fixed.  Lightroom 6.0 did not originally support the Canon 6D Mark II, but updating to version 14 of this software fixed the problem. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 30, 2022 Jan 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Also LR has a built-in Camera Raw so what you downloaded was for Photoshop and didn't affect how LR worked.  The only thing that CR would have been useful for was the .5 version on the end would tell you that you'd need at least LR 6.5 (not 6.0) to be useful on the same set of cameras, but since you downloaded 6.14 your LR supports even more cameras.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines