Camera raw 12.0 adjustment brush issues mask all - Windows OS

Community Beginner ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Since camera raw 12.0 update 

when I go into adjustment brush and want to create a new pin and select mask 
all is masked and then it remove the mask when I draw is there a way to switch it back again 
so it mask what I draw and not turn everything red and then erase the mask 

just click on imagejust click on imagedraw a bit with the brushdraw a bit with the brush

{Thread renamed by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Thanks for the info Lars, I believe we can resolve this issue by changing one setting.

You need to click on the Red Color square located near the word Mask and then change the setting to say Affected Areas and Click OK.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Let me know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Hanno,

Sorry to hear about the issues with the Camera Raw plugin, could you please try reinstalling it from here and let us know if it helps? https://helpx.adobe.com/in/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Regards,
Sahil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 25, 2019 Nov 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Sahil 

that sadly didn't fix my issue it still mask all red and then erase when I draw 
I can see that the part that is not red after I draw with the pen is still where the effects are applyed 
so that part still works but it would have been nice the old way 🙂

Regards 
Lars

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the info Lars, I believe we can resolve this issue by changing one setting.

You need to click on the Red Color square located near the word Mask and then change the setting to say Affected Areas and Click OK.

Screenshot_1.jpg

Let me know if it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi 

Thank you very much 

that fix my issue 

is that a new feature because I have never read about that you can switch the color indicater
and it also funny it have switch that around because when I try to install version 11.4 it 
works as it did before

but again thanks for the quick support 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 02, 2020 Jan 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, Thank you, thank you sooooooo much i have have been having issues with this for a full 24 hours and it seriously disrupted my work. it seems so simple now but in the grand scheme of the amount of settings in camera raw and photo shop i seriously struggled here. Thank you again. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines