• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 12.0 doesn't work anymore - Crashes while opening images through Bridge on Windows 10

Advocate ,
Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I literally can't open any photo/file in Adobe Camera Raw from Bridge.

I tried everything, disinstalled, reinstalled, etc...

I am on Win 10, all latest versions installed, all up to date but ACR doesn't work anymore and crahses all the times no matter what I do.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 04, 2019 Dec 04, 2019

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Camera Raw.

Please go to the Edit menu and Bridge and Select Camera Raw Preferences. Then select Performance and select OFF from the drop down for Use Graphics Processor. Once you have made the change, click on OK and relaunch Bridge to check if the issue persists.

Screenshot_32.png

If you are able to launch and work with Camera Raw, you can check the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry about the experience with Camera Raw.

Please go to the Edit menu and Bridge and Select Camera Raw Preferences. Then select Performance and select OFF from the drop down for Use Graphics Processor. Once you have made the change, click on OK and relaunch Bridge to check if the issue persists.

Screenshot_32.png

If you are able to launch and work with Camera Raw, you can check the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article below.

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/troubleshoot-gpu-graphics-card.html

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Nikunj

Hi thanks for the quick reply, I did as you said and now it works.

Many thanks

This said it's really strange because it was working few days ago with GPU acceleration on.

Perhaps the latest update form Windows messed with ACR;be in any case it should be checked and fixed.

(GPU acceleration works fine in Lightroom btw)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be something to do with the Graphic drivers. You can download the latest drivers from the manufacturers website and check if that makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I tried and installed all the drivers that might not have been up to date...the problem still persits.

ACR says my system supports full GPU acceleration and it was workig days ago so I hope you can fix it in the future because I/we need all the extra performance possible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2020 Nov 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just started having the same issue when my system updated a few days ago to Bridge 2021.  I can open in ACR, but then cannot open in PS2021.  I turned off GPU acceleration, reset all preferences, anddeleted my cache.

Everything worked well until a few days ago before updates.

MikeR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines