Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 12.0 Very Slow

Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I updated to Camera Raw 12.0.1 today and performance in the app is very, very laggy. As another poster described, it takes from 2-5 seconds for an image to appear in the working window. 

In the previous version, an image would appear immediately but would take a second or two to come out of preview completely, whereas in v12 the image does appear to switch out of soft, low-res preview image state fairly quickly once it finally does load. 

In this version, previews load fairly quickly at first, decreasing after a few previews to the aforementioned laggy response time. If any adjustments are made on the panels, the laggy response happens instantaneously. 

I've followed all the steps here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html#Troubleshooting

And gotten no results whatsoever. Turning on/off/auto the GPU in ACR doesn't do anything to affect the performance. 

I'd appreciate any feedback available; I've got three shoots to get through and it's going to take me literally 3-4 times as long to process images as usual. If the solution is to downgrade, please let me know. 

I've seen another post regarding this topic on this forum, but it appears to be dead so I decided to post again. 

Additional info: 

mac OS Catalina 10.15.1

iMac 27" 4.2 gHz i7, 64 GB RAM

Thanks!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

I have gone ahead and downgraded back to Photoshop 2019 by uninstalling via the CC app and when reinstalling selecting the elipsis and "previous versions" button. Then I deleted this file:

Your-Hard-Drive-Name-Here/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-ins/CC/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin

and reinstalled the Camera Raw plugin from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

I reinstalled the 11.4 version. 

Everything's back to normal. I really like the save/re

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Thank you to folks who provided additional information. Right now my advice is still to run the 11.4.1 standalone installer to go back to the previous version from 12.0 if you experince this slowdown. FYI you should be able to use Camera Raw 11.4.1 with both Bridge and Bridge 2019 and 2020; I don't believe it's necessary to rollback both Photoshop/Bridge and the plugin. (Camera Raw 11.4.1 will still read the Bridge 2019 preferences for the UI color and color labels, however.)

I’ve got some rep

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Oct 27, 2020 Oct 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Camera Raw 13 was running at a snail's  pace, and I was about to take my computer in for a checkup. I thought I would give it one more shot and this is what I did.

1. I installed the latest Bridge & Photoshop.
2. I removed the 10. something raw I was using.

3. I went to an Adobe site but couldn't download Raw 13 for some reason.

4. I went to Techspot.com and downloaded 13 from there. I installed it and holding my breath opened a DNG file and hit a couple of sliders. 

5. It worked perfectly. I tried a number of files and all is well. Why this worked I do not know.

Anyway, it runs jost likethe older versions in terms of speed, but with all the latest bells and whistles.

Good luck,

Darrell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines