Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW 12.2.1 not working with latest PS

Community Beginner ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys,

I've just updated Photoshop. Then, as usual since Adobe created such horrific new versions, I installed Camera RAW 12.2.1.

This usually works perfectly well. However, since the latest PS update this version of RAW no longer seems to work and I get the following message when I attempt to open RAW files:

Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file

Wondering if anyone else has encountered the same issue?

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We're sorry to hear that you cannot open RAW files.

Could you please let us know what camera model you're using? What is the file format? Where are the files stored?

Can you please update Camera Raw to the latest version and check if that helps? Steps here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

If that doesn't help, please take a look at the solution mentioned in this documentation

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/troubleshoot-camera-raw-photoshop-photoshop.html

Also, check the Cameras supported by Adobe Devices supported by Adobe Camera Raw.

Versions of Photoshop required are listed here Camera Raw plugin and Adobe application compatibility.

Let us know if this works,

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ranjisha,

Many thanks for your reply but you've completely misunderstood. 
I have no problem with my RAW files or running the latest versions of Camera Raw.

Following your redesign of Camera Raw after version 12.2.1 whenever I update Photoshop I then immediately downgrade to Camera Raw 12.2.1. This is because the redesign ruined Camera Raw for me and meant my workflow was increased. 
When I recently updated photoshop I then, as usual, installed Camera Raw 12.2.1. However, I now receive a message that my raw files are not recognised. 
Is there anything that can be done? If not can I downgrade to the previous version of Photoshop that did work fine with Camera Raw 12.2.1? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 11, 2022 Mar 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the clarification. Sorry about the miscommunication. You can surely downgrade and use. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No Ranjisha I can't, that's my point and the entire reason I have written this post.

Let me explain again. In the past I have always updated Photoshop and then immediately downgraded to Camera Raw 12.2.1. This has always worked without any problems.

I can no longer do this. Now when I downgrade to 12.2.1 my files are no longer recognised and will not open.

<Offensive content removed>

Thanks again.

Renny

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well that was ugly, bigotry has no place here.

You can't use older versions of Camera RAW with the current Photoshop. So either downgrade Photoshop or upgrade ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To Reset of the Camera Raw preferences:

Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).

Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

See also:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks very much indeed. I shall give this a go and let you know.

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If that doesn't work, your only option is to convert to DNG with the free Adobe DNG converter to continue to work with the old version of ACR. Or continue with the older version of Photoshop too. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines