• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 13.2 performance lagging while editing on macOS 11.2.3

New Here ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I like some of the features in the new ACR but am having some major performance issues. When I crop, or use gradient tool ACR on my 2018 Mac Mini slows to a crawl. Using OS 11.2.3 and a Sonnet Puck RX 570 eGPU. 

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Camera Raw 13.2 due to the performance issues. Please try disabling the option to Use Graphics Processor from Camera Raw by going to Camera Raw Preferences through the Photoshop menu, then Preferences or clicking the gear icon at the top right of the Camera Raw interface. Once done, quit & relaunch both Camera Raw & Photoshop to check if that helps.

If the issue persists, please try resetting the preferences of Camera raw using the steps suggested here: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html#ResetCameraRawpreferences

Please let us know if it helps!

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that fixes the lag. Thanks for the advice. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 05, 2021 Apr 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After using the app for a few days the lag is back. Now the fix you suggested doesn't help. The hand tool also is having performance issues. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wr're sorry that you're facing the issue again. Do you start experiencing the issues as soon as you open an image in Camera Raw or after you have performed a few edits?

You can go to the Preferences of Camera Raw, then Performance & increase the Camera Raw cache to check if that makes a difference.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It seems if I quit Photoshop and reopen it there is no performance lag. So the issue happens after a few edits. 

I upped the cache in ACR to 25GB but still had the lag issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines