• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 13 and 13.0.1 don't work on imac with Catalina

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2020 Oct 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get an error message every time I try to open a RAW CR2 file and Camera Raw does not start. I had to install the old version 12.4 to get it to work.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar problema. After updating Camera Raw to version 13 it freeze all the time. I have tried with both, NEF and DNG files.

I have also tried to install an older version but I haven't be able. How do you have installed the previous version?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the link. It doesn't work for me, I installed the previuos version but when I open a raw from Photoshop or use Camera RAW filter it still uses version 13.

Anyway, it finally looks like I've fixed the problem. Incredible as it may seem that the problem is due to the monitoring that "Acronis True Image" software is doing on my computer. I've excluded the directory "C:\Program Files\Adobe" and magically stopped freezing the ACR process

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

also a huge freeze of the whole system! mac os 10.15.7, photoshop 21

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, how do you install CR v12.4?

I downloaded and then installed it.  LR still shows CR v13.1 as the active version and it still crashes!!

Please help Adobe!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What error message do you get?

What year is your iMac?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2020 Oct 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Manoteno_0-1603548613733.png

Manoteno_1-1603548746401.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any ideas about the error?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the error happen to you with any raw image you test? Have you tried to open a different raw from your camera? Maybe with a dng for example. If the error message does not give you more information, I think it would be convenient to contact Adobe support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 31, 2020 Oct 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error happens with all Canon CR2 files. I have not tested it with other RAW files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2020 Nov 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Manoteno,

I too had this problem with MacsOs Catalina.  I have wasted much time in its resolution.  Today I downloaded CameraRaw_12_4mac.dmg to replace the recent Adobe Camera Raw v13 update.  By going backwards I fixed the problem and I can now again access my .cr2 and .cr3 raw files files.

It is most diasappointing that Adobe now releases Photoshop software updates which are not fit for purpose.  Adobe needs to get a grip.

All best wishes

Thom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Hanahoe the camera raw 12 download link dos'nt work.

can you plase reply with the right link? thaks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2020 Nov 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello moshmosh007,

I obtained the link to legacy Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) by googling the following term "adobe camera raw download link".  The first hit was the following Adobe document: https://helpx.adobe.com/uk/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html.  The document contains links to a number of different legacy ACR plug-ins, including for Mac, CameraRaw_12_2_1mac.dmg  and for Windows, CameraRaw_12_2_1win.zip

I hope this helps.

All best wishes

Thom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2020 Dec 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! I updated to 13.1 and have been pulling my hair out while the computer sat frozen, time and again for a couple of days. Was almost afraid to try the downgrade to 12.4, no worries, back to functioning. Thanks 

Take care

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2020 Nov 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.0.2 with the same problem.
Error opening CR2 files.

ACR does not start.

I will install version 12.4 again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 08, 2020 Dec 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.1 with the same problem!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2021 Mar 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone help explain how to install CR v12.4?  

I downloaded it and installed.  LR is still showing CR v13.1 as the active version??  Don't know what else to do.  Can't roll back LR to v9.4.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

13.2 with the same problem!!!!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has proved impossible for me to install in MacOs Catalina the necessary ACR updates from Adobe.   As a result, I have been denied access to the recent developments in Adobe software and must rely on version 12 of ACR.  And yet, from the customer's perspective, the central concept of the Adobe subscription model is continual access to the company's latest software technology: but this has not been my recent experience.

Consequently, after nearly 20 years as an Adobe customer, I have now rescinded my Adobe monthly subscription and I no longer use ACR or Photoshop.   For the past few months I have been using Phase One's Capture One to convert my raw images.  This has involved a significant learning experience which, during Covid lockdown, I have enjoyed and I am now appreciating the results of my endeavours. 

All best wishes

Thom.

www.hanahoephotography.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2021 Jun 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's finally working! 13.3 is working! After 8 months it is now working! Congratulations for the team's delay in solving the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines