• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 13, still no profiles for the new Canon cameras 1DXM3, R5, R6

Community Beginner ,
Oct 22, 2020 Oct 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hoped that Adobe support the newest Canon cameras, but nothing happend in Camera Raw 13 . 😞 😞 😞

I pay a lot of money and no support of this cameras.

Other picture software do that,... why Adobe NOT!!!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Matching profiles? 

Adobe never promised they would support such profiles for all cameras. 

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/getting-the-most-out-of-this-forum-what-does-...

Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support. It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased.

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles.

But the bigger issue is Canon, not supplying the necessary information in newer raws to do so. For some raw formats, this requires solving technical issues that Adobe currently does not know how to solve without help from the camera maker so you may want to talk to Canon. 

Of course, it's pretty easy and very effective to make your own camera profiles, you simply need a target and the software to edit them is free. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

laugh, ok, but why "cature one" and "on1" have the information to translate the infos of RAW to make a profile of the camera?

I look at my pictures of my R5 and they are very noisy (ISO8000) with the adobe profile. DPP, the very best, capture one -> real good, and on1 not bad. but the champion of the software "Adobe" can't translate the RAW information of the canon camera? 😞
There are user make the profiles as thirty part software to bring perhaps the best to canon, but this is not the right way.
It is the wrong way,... if photographer not like it, what Adobe do,...they go away to other software developer,...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines