• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW 14.0.1 brushes lagging with Macbook Air M1

Explorer ,
Nov 25, 2021 Nov 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having trouble with a terrible lag on the brushes in Adobe Camera RAW 14.0.1, Up to 5-10 seconds pass before the brush effect slowly follows the action of the brush movement

I have a Macbook Air M1 with 16GB ram

Performance is set to auto

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Paul,

We're sorry about the trouble with Camera Raw. Could you please try updating Camera Raw to 14.1 and check if that makes any differences?

Try resetting the preferences of Camera Raw by following steps:-

1. Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS).
  2. Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Note: Please backup the preferences before resetting by going to the location Users/[user name]/Library/Preferences and then you will see Adobe Camera Raw [version] Prefs.

Let us know if that helps.

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 27, 2021 Dec 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response,

I did update to Camera Raw 12.1 and cleared the preferences. Problem persists. I disconnected the 4K Dell display and restarted photoshop, the problem persists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 28, 2021 Dec 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for trying the steps.

Please try turning off the GPU in Camera Raw and let us know if that helps. You may also check this article for more information: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Regards,

Tarun

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 19, 2022 Jan 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi thank you for your response. I am still plagued with inconsistent behaviour.. If I make an adjustment, say turning off the GPU.. I get a slowdown in other areas.. such as scrolling around the image, or if I move the image with the hand, it doesn't stop moving when I let go.

How do I get rid of all preferences everywhere? Bridge, photoshop, lightroom classic...

thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Camera Raw Preferences in the Performance section, try setting the Graphics Processor option to Custom instead of "Off." The Custom option reveals some checkboxes. Try turning off "Use GPU for image processing" but leaving "Use GPU for display" turned on. Using the GPU for display accelerates with the GPU the final drawing operations used for zooming, panning, etc., where as "image processing" uses the GPU for rendering the effects of the settings, brush strokes etc. before the photos is finally displayed on your screen.

You will find the same set of Graphics Processor options (ie, the same Custom option and checkboxes) in Lightroom and Lighroom Classic; they can be configured independently of the Camera Raw plugin. GPU related options you find in the Preference dialogs of Photoshop and Bridge are not related to the Camera Raw preferences at all.

When you see the slow "brushing" are you talking about the healing brush or the masking brush, or both? Do you see the same slow brushing performance in both Lightroom and Camera Raw (with the "auto" option?). Also, can you tell me what workflow options you are using in Camera Raw (what color space, bit-depth, other options). Click the underlined text below the photo in Camera Raw to open the Workflow Options dialog. 

Thanks for your patience,
David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 22, 2022 Jan 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for your generous reply. I gave up using the healing brush a few generations ago, seeing as it was a cumulative lag that would build up with each new retouch point, so I haven't noticed whether this issue is affecting that function.  My experience of the slow brush has been limited to the masking brush with this version of Camera Raw plugin. Colour space is Adobe RGB 1998, 8 bit. 

With the same images, and the same performance settings i.e. Custom performance settings, with only use GPU for display activated, there is no lag that I can see in Lightroom Classic 11.1

thank you,

Paul Litherland

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you tell me if your M1 MacBook Air is a 7-core GPU model or an 8-core GPU model?

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2022 Jan 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this continued follow up, this is a Macbook Air with the 8 core GPU, 16GB RAM, ITB storage

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same here

ever since i upgrade to camera raw 14.1

the brush went slow as hell, totally unusable.

just upgrade to 14.2 today...looks same to me

and i use mac pro 8gb ddr5 graphic memory and 128gb system memory

come on adobe, what on earth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if i turn off the graphic acceleration , i can use the brush (still slower than before), but the other function becomes very laggy.

big mess

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines