Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 14.0 not transferring processed images into Photoshop

Engaged ,
Oct 29, 2021 Oct 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I can't get ACR 14.0 to open images into Photoshop.  When I press the "Open" button on ACR, it opens Photoshop, but the image isn't transferred.  To get the image into Photoshop I need to return to Bridge, right click and select "Open in Photoshop."  Then, of course, the DNG opens first in ACR; NOW, when I push the open button on ACR, it will transfer the image.

Sorry, I can't find a preference or adjustment that fixes the problem.

Thanks,

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reset ACR preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 30, 2021 Oct 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And then do what, precisely?  I changed "Camera settings" to Adobe Default, but that didn't change anything.  Looking at Camera Raw preferences was the first thing I did, but I couldn't find anywhere to click to indicate ACR should open images in Photoshop.  Should I click "Open as smart object in Photoshop?"

Forgive my ignorance, but I can find nowhere in Camera Raw or Bridge preferences where one can select where ACR should open processed images.  When I hover over "Open" in ACR, the standard dialog show:  "Open as normal image, press shift to open as smart object, etc."  But the image doesn't open in Photoshop.  At least not in MY Photoshop :).  I have to select "Open in Photoshop" in Bridge, then the image will first open in ACR, and when I press the Open button it arrives in Photoshop.  Is this the new arrangement with 2022 updates?  

Thank you for your time,

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2021 Oct 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It occurs to me that when the latest Bridge began to open there were two options that popped up.  The first was to load all previous preferences, to which I replied yes.  The second asked something about version 2022 that I didn't quite know what it was so declined.  Could that be the reason?

Bruce

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines