• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 14.3 greyed out in macOS

Community Beginner ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have accidentally opened an RAF file in Camera Raw whilst working on a photoshop file. Everything on the Camera Raw window is greyed out, including the buttons and I can't escape using the keys. I can't get back to my photoshop file to save it so can't quit. If I move the Camera Raw window i can see a ghosted "Welcome to Camera Raw 14.3, learn more, get started," picture of a turtle, etc.

Can anyone help?

Thanks

{Title edited by Moderator}

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear that the Camera Raw window is greyed out. We're here to help.

Which version of macOS are you using? How have you opened Camera Raw? Did you try re-installing the app? Do you still see it grayed out when you close and try to reopen it? Does it happen for all the images or just RAF files? What is the bit depth of the file?

Usually, the Camera Raw tool can be launched by going to Filter > Camera Raw Filter or pressing Shift + Ctrl + A on your keyboard. This option is greyed out when a 32-bit image is opened.

Try resetting your ACR preferences.
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw 
Click Yes in the dialog that asks, "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Relaunch the application.

Let us know if it helps.

Regards,

Ranjisha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2022 Jun 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Ranjisha

Thanks for replying. I managed to escape Camera Raw by switching from two screens to one. The buttons were still all greyed out but I was able to quit out by hitting ESC (this previously had no effect) 

For the record I'm on iOS 10.15.7 and the image was from a Fujifilm XT3 so probably 14 bit. I'd intended to just click on it once but accidently clicked twice.

I have now deleted the Camera Raw preferences.

Thanks

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines