• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw 15 was crashing my GPU Win 10

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2022 Dec 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My AMD RX 580 GPU started crashing when using Camera RAW a few days ago. I solved the issue by determining that when I used the masking tool in camera raw, the screen would go black, and required a re-boot to resolve. I was able to roll back Raw 15 by using the Camera RAW plug-in installer 14.5. so far so good.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. This is why disabling GPU is an option as more and more functionality moves to the GPU in newer versions of many Adobe products.
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/photoshop-cc-gpu-card-faq.html
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion. I had explored the option in Camera Raw preferences to turn off the GPU for image processing. That did not resolve the crashing issue. I succesfully updated and installed the most recent driver from AMD. I also explored "tuning" the graphic card software, run sGPU tress test, and made sure there were no mechanical issues with overheating, fans, memory etc. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So you're still crashing? You stated your GPU was crashing, but with it off, still a crash? 

Can you generate some kind of crash log to send to Adobe? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines