• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw (2017) Icon and Year?

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2017 Feb 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have terrible obsession about order and harmony. So i am using a lot of Adobe Products but in Creative Cloud App; all icons are in order and harmony except Camera Raw. Are there any future update idea about Camera Raw's icon (like all Adobe Products) and write year like Camera Raw CC (2017) in parenthesis? Sorry for that dumb question but i had to ask..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Since Camera Raw is a plugin and not a separate product, it uses a different icon with slightly different treatment (i.e. no '2017'). Extension Manager is treated similarly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since Camera Raw is a plugin and not a separate product, it uses a different icon with slightly different treatment (i.e. no '2017'). Extension Manager is treated similarly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, i know. But this plugin is a must if you're using Photoshop. So at least there should be a year tag..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So at least there should be a year tag..

I appreciate your desire for order and harmony but I'm not quite sure what the main point is in this discussion.

The version numbering for Camera Raw seems to work fine as it is. Using the current version numbering system, it's easy to work out which version of Camera Raw you need to support which camera model.

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

How would "Camera Raw CC 2017.1" improve the current nomenclature?

Plus Adobe's use of the year tag is inconsistent. The latest version of Lightroom is currently CC 2015.8 even though it was released in Dec 2016.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines