• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW 9.5 in Photoshop Elements 14

New Here ,
Feb 07, 2018 Feb 07, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have moved my copy of Elements 14 to a new machine (Win 7 to Win 10) via the original CD.

Elements installed ok, but Camera RAW 9.5 did not - Error code: U44M1I210

I found a reference that said 9.5 was incompatible with Elements 14 and that I must upgrade to Elements 18.

Funny that, since RAW 9.5 was working perfectly with Elements 14 on the old machine!

What is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tried downloading it directly from this site and installing it manually:

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the super-prompt reply Jim.

The DNG converter looks like a workaround to me - it isn't even a plug-in for Elements. I cannot understand why RAW 9.5 can work when it is automatically downloads as part of support, but fails when downloaded as a re-installation. Adobe dropping support for non-current products perhaps?

It is just too much of a faff! I had been considering an upgrade to Lightroom CC, but given Adobe's apparent attitude it looks like SilkyPix Developer will be the answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you're referring to Adobe's attitude being the subscription model, it works for them, and it works for me. It's really a pretty good deal. $9.99/month for both Lightroom and Photoshop. But the choice is yours.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I've been using Elements 14 with a Canon 80D on my old laptop without a problem (RAW 9.5) but when I've installed it on a new laptop from the installation disc it will not read RAW files and will not update itself when prompted as it says its up to date. and its only running RAW 9.1 and I cannot find a 9.5 version anywhere to download.

I've  downloaded DNG converter as a work around but this is too much of a faff when it works fine on my old machine

Any ideas how to sort this would be welcome

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Could you please post your question on the Elements forum? Elements 14 installs ACR 9.1, but I don’t know why Elements/ACR update to newer 9.5 is NOT available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines