• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw and Bridge

Community Beginner ,
Jun 16, 2020 Jun 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I re-installed the previous camera raw after the recent update but now, I cannot 'open with' camera raw as I used to directly from Bridge.  The Camera Raw Preferences is greyed out.  I can open in camera raw from Photoshop but I used to be able to open in camera raw direct from Bridge without even opening Photoshop.  Any ideas anyone?  

Thanks

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I absolutely hate the new RAW and feel Adobe made a mistake by changing the UI. Luckily, I have more than one computer so I am able to use the old RAW on one. Have you made sure you set the the old RAW back as the default software to open a RAW file? I assume once RAW update was installed it was automatically set as the default, then when you removed it to go back to the older version, the default did not change.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 17, 2020 Jun 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

As the old camera raw works ok in Photoshop since I reinstalled it, I assume that it is the default software.  I'm not sure how to check.  It's simply that it doesn't work straight from Bridge any more and I can't find a way of activating it as the 'camera raw preferences' tab is greyed out in Bridge.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should be able to open ACR from Bridge. Maybe reset the preferences in Bridge. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply.

I cannot reset the preferences in Bridge because it is greyed out.  I cannot find any other way of activating camera raw directly in Bridge.

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You might need to reinstall Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  Yes I tried that already.  I tried installing Bridge and Photoshop!  I wonder if the last update of Bridge will only work with the latest version of Camera Raw.  If it were me, I would just get used to the new version of Camera Raw but it's for my husband who doesn't like change!  I am trying to persuade him to try to live with the new version of Camera Raw and get used to it!!

Carol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2020 Jun 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed an older version of Bridge. On the Adobe Cloud app, click the three dots next to the Bridge icon and select "other versions." I had also installed the previous camera raw (https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x) and had your same problem of not being able to access it using the most recent Bridge update. Using the older version of Bridge fixed this problem for me. AND it is using the previous version of Camera Raw, blessedly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jun 22, 2020 Jun 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As stated above
You can revert to the previous version of Camera Raw 12.2.1: https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Also downgrade Bridge to 10.0.4 and the madness that is biased towards lightroom users has gone and harmony is restored

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines