• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Defaults

Community Beginner ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's latest version of Camera Raw (12.2.0.386) .. It's absolutely insane to have to return to Bridge and open the Camera Raw Settings to set up the Defaults.. We used to be able to do that right in CR.  What happened to "Save as new Camera Raw Defaults" ?  Please put the option back !!!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

New preferences for doing this:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/whats-new.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2020 Mar 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks dog, but as I explained, I know how to accomplish it.  I am complaining about the fact that Adobe has removed the option from CR and placed it in a new wonderful container in Bridge.  I perhaps posted to the wrong forum.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dog appears to be confused/upset about what we are complaing about, instead of offering assistance he just says "You’d waste less time if you learned out to use the options now available." (see below)

What's the point of a support forum if users just get 'scolded' for sharing their opinion?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removing the option and replacing it with a "solution" that includes the user to have to make multiple clicks for each photo is just ridicuously stupid, it's pointless, this has added a considerable amount of time to my Raw conversions. Now, because I use several different cameras each day with 500 photos, I am wasting 20-30 minutes clicking to get the correct setting applied to each file. Every day, 6 days a week adds up to several hours of me clicking, thanks.

Good thing I can roll back to the previous version...

Why not give people the option of using either the old way or the new way? Please give this some more thought Adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe did not remove the option that forces the user to have to make multiple clicks for each photo. You’d waste less time if you learned out to use the options now available. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of your snarky reply how about you tell me how to make it work like it did up until this latest version then?

Sincerely, I would like to know...can you tell me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did tell you above. RTFM. How‘s that for snarky? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You did? 

You don't need to reply, you are obviously not interested in helping. Thanks for nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some people enjoy complaining almost as much as they enjoy doing nothing about it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not too sure what just happened, I was just looking to share my experience and possibly get some assistance and you decide to have a go at me? 

What did I do wrong? I have read about the new way Adobe has done things with respect to this but it doesn't solve anything, I have tried the new options in the ACR and nothing makes it work like before.

So can YOU offer me any help or are you just looking to argue? If you can't help, that's fine, just please leave me alone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here’s what happened: you don’t yet understand how to use the product with the changes and ranted something that is utterly untrue:

“Removing the option and replacing it with a "solution" that includes the user to have to make multiple clicks for each photo is just ridicuously stupid, it's pointless, this has added a considerable amount of time to my Raw conversions.“

I would submit it is ridiculously stupid to make false statements about a product due to misunderstanding how to use it. 

Why don’t you make the effort to learn how the product now works instead of complaining. Here’s a great video (it covers LR but ACR is the same workflow):

https://laurashoe.com/2020/02/11/whats-new-in-lightroom-classic-9-2-raw-defaults/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There, thanks, was it that hard to offer some sort of help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, those videos don't help at all...I guess I'll try the actual Adobe support, maybe they will be able to offer me a solution.

EDIT: I find it kind of humorous now that I realize who you are, is this how you treat your clients Andrew?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

EDIT: By the way, those videos don't help at all.

"Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example."- Mark Twain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines