Camera Raw does not recognize new Camera Profile

Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a new profile for a
Canon 6D using the Adobe DNG Profile Editor, and saved it in the
Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles\Camera\Canon EOS 6D

directory (which already had the normal five Adobe Profiles).

I noticed that the new profile is 325KB, while the normal ones are 272KB.

Camera Raw (version 8.4.1.200) does not recognize/display the new profile in the Camera Calibration tab.  Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Advocate , Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Put the .dcp files here: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles, not in the Camera folder and not in the model specific folder. If the new profiles were built on an existing profile for one of your cameras, the camera's name and model are in a header of the dcp and CR will read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Mar 27, 2018 Mar 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update:  I tried to build a camera profile for the Nikon D810, with the same results.  The created .DCP file is larger than the existing ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Put the .dcp files here: C:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\CameraRaw\CameraProfiles, not in the Camera folder and not in the model specific folder. If the new profiles were built on an existing profile for one of your cameras, the camera's name and model are in a header of the dcp and CR will read it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 31, 2018 Mar 31, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  i just found the same, with the aid of the X-Rite Passport Profile Manager.  Too bad Adobe can't supply the same information up front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines