• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw editing is not enabled

Community Beginner ,
Aug 17, 2012 Aug 17, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Camera Raw option in Bridge 6 is dimmed and not available when I wont to edit a picture file in Camera Raw.

I got this message:

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature"

Any help will be highly appreciated

Best regards

Frank

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

I was having the same problem that the original poster was having (Camera Raw editing is not enabled.)  After tinkering around with some of the suggestions that were provided by some of the users on this form, I figured out what my problem was.  How I got it to work was simple.  I open a picture in Photoshop, doesn't what type, png, jpg, tiff. Then File>Browse in Bridge. Once Bridge is opened.  All I had to do is, highlight the image you want to open in Camera Raw, and a second image, doesn't ma

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Or, is the question from @Terry Carroll about opening TIFF and JPGs Through ACR?

This would be a Camera Raw Preference setting in Photoshop for TIF & JPG to appear in ACR..

2022-12-18 15_40_44-Clipboard.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 25, 2014 May 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Macintosh:

What I found to work is to download a new copy of the Camera Raw plugin and replace the old one. You can get it from the Adobe site. The version is 8.4.

The path to the folder it sits in is: /Library/Application Support/Adobe/Plug-Ins/CS6/File Formats/Camera Raw.plugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2014 May 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just did this, all is back to normal.

I posted in 'Bridge General Discussion' yesterday and received a message from a member with the following link with full instruction how to fix it  Camera Raw 8.4 | No metadata or Camera Raw edit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 11, 2014 Jun 11, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found the answer in the comments of a youtube video and it worked great for me!

FutileGrief

3 months ago

This didn't work for me, but I found another solution!!! Well it worked for me at least! I'm using CS6 64 bits. On Photoshop, go to Edit>Preferences>General>File Handling>Camera Raw Preferences. Under "JPEG and TIFF Handling" change JPEG to "Automatically open all supported JPEGs". Voilá! Every JPG you open from now on will open in camera raw. I know it's not a definite solution, and depending on what you'd like, it's probably best to open JPEGs in photoshop and not in camera raw. BUT if for example you need to edit a batch of images, this will work. Mind you, this WILL OPEN ALL JPGs IN PHOTOSHOP IN CAMERA RAW. It can be easily reversed however to act normally.

·

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2015 May 09, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The solution for Windows CS6:   Find the amtlib.dll file in the Photoshop file and copy it to replace the amtlib.dll file in the Bridge folder. Probably safer to first rename the Bridge amtlib.dll to something like amtlib.dll.old just in case something goes wrong and you have to revert! This worked on my Windows version but copying the amtlib.framework from the Photoshop folder to the Bridge one did not work for Mac so if anyone can help with a Mac fix I would appreciate it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Mac... (PS CS6, Adobe Bridge CS6, Camera Raw 9.x) Mac Os 10.x

Open Photoshop, browse in Bridge or mini Bridge, select .jpg or .dng, right click photo file, select open in Camera Raw.

There will be a little "crunching", then seems like nothing is happening.

Press control, option, and return together......selected photo will open in PS Camera Raw.

Enjoy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2015 Jul 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem that the original poster was having (Camera Raw editing is not enabled.)  After tinkering around with some of the suggestions that were provided by some of the users on this form, I figured out what my problem was.  How I got it to work was simple.  I open a picture in Photoshop, doesn't what type, png, jpg, tiff. Then File>Browse in Bridge. Once Bridge is opened.  All I had to do is, highlight the image you want to open in Camera Raw, and a second image, doesn't matter which one, then double click the image you want to open in camera raw, and voila, camera raw opens right up.  After all  the suggestions mentioned, this one works easier than the other recommendations made so far, every time.

Hope this  helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 11, 2016 Mar 11, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this same problem with CC in 2016. Is Adobe going to fix this? What am I paying for? Camera Raw won't open files out of Bridge an I get a pop up about a qualifying product needing to be activated. WHAT AM I PAYING FOR?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2016 Mar 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fantastic! You are correct, sir!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For years i used to open and organize all my RAW files using camera raw in Bridge only, without the need to open photoshop. Once I installed CS6, every time i was double clicking on a raw photo, it would automatically open camera raw but inside of photoshop, so photoshop would open automatically then camera raw would come next. This actually slowed down my working process, because when I needed to convert some raw files into jpegs according to my work needs, i needed to wait hundred of photos to be converted to start a new conversion on a different folder... and when I used CS5, i could simply start converting the photos just in Bridge, then open another folder and start converting them too without the wait.
So i was trying to open Camera Raw Preferences in Bridge as well as trying to open raw files just using bridge (no photoshop) and the following message would pop up:

Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature"

So I looked up online, in every forum...I tried several solutions and they never worked for me. And today, more than 2 years later I accidentally fixed this problem, everything is working back to normal.

Just to put you in the picture, i had just Photoshop CS6 and Adobe Bridge only installed in my mac so I simply ran Creative Suit again, and installed just adobe illustrator and indesign because i'll need it. As soon as the installation finished, i ran Illustrator and quit it, then indesign and quit it. Afterwards, i ran adobe Bridge and a miraculous message which I can't remember what was written showed up asking if its ok to install some indesign and some illustrator preferences into Adobe Bridge. Once I accepted it, my adobe bridge was back to normal...

Now I can even open Camera Raw preferences within bridge or do anything within bridge without the need of photoshop. I can edit all my RAW files, JPEG or any other photos just in Camera Raw, no photoshop.

I hope this will be helpful for the ones on the same situation I had.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 10, 2016 May 10, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reinstalling PS CS6 might also have fixed it, then, unless you'd already tried that. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2016 Oct 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this problem off and on for Many years.  Its so intermittent that it does make me think it has to do with the updates. Just now I opened that little red adobe screen where the updates are and clicked on Bridge to look for an update and suddenly bridge opened up and works perfectly. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 04, 2016 Dec 04, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great This worked .... Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to change the edit menu preferences in Bridge not  Photoshop and check double click Edits Camera Raw Settings in Bridge.

cam raw setting.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had this opening a RAW file from Bridge CC 2018 and it turns out that i had been signed out of Creative Cloud, once i signed in i relaunched Bridge and it opened fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Mac OS 10.10, Yosemite. I updated my several versions of Bridge and CC yesterday, (CC, CC2014, and CC2015.5) and discovered that all access to Camera Raw from all of them did not work.

What I noticed first was that Tiff files did not show as thumbnails in Bridge, and that purging the cache made no difference. And Clicking on Bridge - Camera Raw Preferences... did not open the ACR dialogue box.

It turned out that Camera Raw had been removed in the process of updating the CC apps, even though my Creative Cloud desktop app showed that CC Camera Raw was up to date......

It has taken me all day to find out how to solve this. Adobe must know there is a problem as today they have put this on the website  Camera Raw plug-in installer

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

As I am 'getting on a bit', and tend not to remember how I did something for very long afterwards, I made myself a Word Doc of instructions - mostly copied from the Adobe page, but with additions. I am pasting it below, in the hope it might be useful. There are links to downloading the various versions of ACR, whether they will still be active from this forum I know not, but they are all on the Adobe web page anyway. Hope this might be helpful to some.

Ruth N

Instructions for installing Camera Raw 

Installation is automatic. It installs to Mac HD >Library (the one directly on the HD) >Application Support >Adobe >Plug-Ins >CC >File Formats and is called Camera Raw.plugin   It overwrites any earlier one. For CS6 it would be in Plug-Ins >CS6 >File Formats. Must only be one copy in the File Formats folder. (Each folder if you have CS6 and CC on the same machine)

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html

Applies to: Bridge CC Camera Raw Photoshop      Last Published: November 24, 2017

Note:    If you are encountering Update Error U43M1D204, see Update error U43M1D204.

If you still haven't been able to successfully update the Camera Raw plug-in for CC, CC 2014, CC 2015, or CC 2017 Adobe applications, use the Camera Raw 10.0 installers below.  [But this will not work with Mac OS10.10 Yosemite or 10.12 El Capitan]

For Bridge CS6 and Photoshop CS6, substitute with the Camera Raw 9.1.1 installer below.

Download the appropriate file below, and then follow these instructions:

Windows

1. Quit all Adobe applications.
  2. Double-click the downloaded .zip file to unzip it. Windows might unzip the file for you.
  3. Double-click the resulting .exe file to start the installer.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  5. Restart your Adobe applications.

macOS

1. Quit all Adobe applications.
  2. Double-click the .zip file to unzip it.
  3. Double-click the .pkg file to start the installer.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.
  5. Restart your Adobe applications.

Camera Raw 10.0 installer   For Sierra and later

Windows  CameraRaw_10_0_win.zip

macOS     CameraRaw_10_0_mac.zip

System Requirements   macOS 10.11–10.13, Sierra et seq, Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows 8.1, or Windows 10

----------------------------------

Camera Raw 9.12.1 installer  

Windows   CameraRaw_9_12_1_win.zip

macOS   CameraRaw_9_12_1_mac.zip

System Requirements   macOS 10.10-10.12,Yosemite, El Cap,  Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10 ______________________

Camera Raw 9.1.1 installer      Note:   Camera Raw 9.1.1 is the most current version compatible with Bridge CS6 and Photoshop CS6.

Windows    CameraRaw_9_1_1.zip

macOS    CameraRaw_9_1_1.pkg.zip

System Requirements    macOS 10.7–10.12, Microsoft® Windows® 7, Windows 8/8.1, or Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 26, 2017 Nov 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 09, 2021 Apr 09, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OMG, Many, many Thanks! Solved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2018 Apr 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!!! totally worked!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2022 Dec 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, suddenly in the second week of December 2022. I can open raw files from Bridge in Camera Raw, but nothing else. I often work with big batches of TIFF files, saving them to JPEG, and I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. This is a regular part of my Photoshop activity. This is unacceptable, plus all of this "have you tried this? have you tried that?" I've been a Photoshop user since the late 1990s, all paid and up-to-date. I don't want a workaround, I want a solution. It doesn't matter if I am on Windows or Mac (but, yes, I am on Windows). Adobe has made a lot of money off me in the past quarter century. This fix should have been made yesterday. FIX IT, ADOBE!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem, suddenly in the second week of December 2022. I can open raw files from Bridge in Camera Raw, but nothing else.

By @Terry Carroll

What do you mean by "nothing else?" There are two ways to 'open' a raw: using Bridge hosting ACR or Photoshop hosting ACR. Can you explain what you can't do (you say you can open a raw hosting by Bridge). 

The original issue (question) was with Bridge hosting ACR. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Or, is the question from @Terry Carroll about opening TIFF and JPGs Through ACR?

This would be a Camera Raw Preference setting in Photoshop for TIF & JPG to appear in ACR..

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By @Rob_Cullen

Indeed.

Nothing to do with the original question but apparently that is it. 

Terry:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/navigate-open-save-images-camera.html

8671F63B-CE5C-4465-B6AF-F8F5BC1D90A2.jpeg

 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

TIFF and JPEG, as I said in my description. Sorry I said "nothing else." As I said in my description, a major activity in my use of Bridge is to open large batches of TIFF files in Camera Raw. Then I perform various across-the-board tweaks and "save as." Also, as I said, I have not been having any problem opening Raw files (in my case DNG) into Camera Raw, only TIFF and JPEG files. Those are the only three files I ever attempt to open from Bridge to Camera Raw. Hence, my term "nothing else" (other than DNG) will open from Bridge into Camera Raw. And, as I said, I've been doing this for many years. Suddenly, second week of December 2022, Bridge is telling me that I do not have a qualifying license, so Camera Raw editing is not enabled. I did nothing. I've made no changes to either of my computers (a desktop and a laptop, both running Windows 10 Professional) on which I have my licensed Photoshop CC product; meanwhile, my account with Adobe assures me that my subscription is up to date, that I do have a licensed and up-to-date version of Photoshop. Yet suddenly I cannot do exactly what I've been doing for years until about a week ago. I am a user of Photoshop; I am not, as you are, "a digital dog ... [and] community expert." Hence, I do not even know what you are referring to with "hosting ACR." What is ACR? I don't know. I followed a Google link to get here (from the prompt: "Camera Raw editing is not enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying ..."), arriving at this venue, where it seems others have been having "that same" problem ... for years, aparently. Sorry if it is not the exact same problem. I'm a photgrapher and book designer from the 20th Century. Sorry for the frustration, but this is VERY frustrating for me, because I am a quarter-century customer of Adobe, trying to get things done -- not find "work-arounds" with a product I have paid for, backed by a major technology company. I'm not here to solve an Adobe problem; I am clearly not qualified. I am seeking a solution to a problem not of my making so that I can continue with my photography work, using a product I've paid for. Again, sorry for my tone, but your response seemed condescending.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The above is response to "digital dog," not "Rob Cullen." But thanks, Rob. I did not make any changes to my preferences, but I will look up what ACR means, and try to figure out what your work-around is. I am in a frustrated mood, with a huge batch of TIFF files that need a simple conversion to JPEG, so that I can work with them on a current book editing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is "ACR" Acrobat? When I Google "Adobe ACR" it takes me to Acrobat topics. I'm not using Acrobat. I'm using Bridge to open TIFF files in Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines