• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw Freezes After updating to Intel® UHD Graphics 630, Driver Version: 30.0.101.1631

Explorer ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop CC 2019 and 2022's camera raw freezes indefinitely after updating the driver to 30.0.101.1631. Photoshop has detected the problem and disabled the use of i9-10900's integrated graphics.

System:

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 22H2
Installed on ‎3/‎24/‎2022
OS build 22581.1
i9-10900, 24 GB memory

Graphics:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10900 CPU @ 2.80GHz
GFX Driver Name: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
GFX Driver Version: 30.0.101.1631

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 26, 2022 Apr 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have similar symptoms. When using the Select Subject or Select Sky masks it almost freezes (it will fluctuate between responding and not responding) and it takes over a minute to create the mask.  Looking at the Task Manager, ACR is not using the GPU even though I have it selected in the preferences.  Prior to updating both ACR and the Intel drivers, the AI masks worked quickly.

System:

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 21H2
Installed on ‎2021-‎05-‎14
OS build 19044.1645
i7-17700K, 16 GB memory

Graphics:

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 5.00GHz
GFX Driver Name: Intel® UHD Graphics 630
GFX Driver Version: 30.0.101.1660

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. On the Mac, that's part of the OS update(s) so if this is the latest OS version, you may need to roll back a release. 

Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Modifying ACR GPU settings makes no difference.  With it OFF, the whole program just runs a fraction slower, but the masking still takes 1-2min to create.  During that time, the dialog/completion window is largely non-responsive.  These are the most up to date Intel drivers.  Resetting preference also did not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It really seems like this is my problem and Adobe is kind of aware of it except it happend ALL THE TIME.

https://helpx.adobe.com/ca/camera-raw/kb/select-subject-sky-delay.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rolling back to the driver version 27.20.100.9415 solved the problem for me. It even makes the camera raw filter processing faster.

noname-side.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wow, thanks!  I would not have rolled back to that driver, but it worked!  Back to 1-2s AI masks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines