Camera Raw freezing Bridge, works fine in Photoshop

New Here ,
Feb 10, 2022 Feb 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bridge 12.0.1, ACR 14.2

iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, 2017), MacOS BigSur Version 11.2.3

Hello,

I use Bridge to view my RAW photos, I typically select them and press the open with Camera Raw button then do my editing, and proceed on to Photoshop. Recently, everytime I click the Camera Raw button, it freezes bridge (get the spinning wheel, sits there for hours, refuses to open). This problem occurred at a random time ( I did not recently update bridge or Camera Raw, it just started to happen). So I decided to update Bridge in hopes it would fix the issue. It did not. Additionally I can open the same photo(s) in photoshop and Camera Raw filter works just fine.

I have already installed earlier version of Bridge and ACR, problem still persisted. I also manually deleted all the cache files and even ran the Adobe CC Cleaner Tool on both Bridge and ACR and it did not help. 

Really need some help getting ACR working again in Bridge as my workflow depends on it. I have a high profile job to get out and cant complete it without this combo. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this happening if Photoshop hosts ACR?

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If, understand your question correctly, no it is not. I can right click on a CR2 file, and click open with Photoshop, and Camera Raw will open automatically. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Good, then that indicates it is a Bridge issue and if you are OK, I can move this to the Bridge forum.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines