• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw graphics processor compatibility

New Here ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I run Camera Raw 9.10.1 under Photoshop CC 2017 on an iMac with OSx 10.11.6. The iMac has an ATI Technologies AMD Radeon HD6670M OpenGL engine graphic processor. Photoshop configuration recognises the GPU and operates in the advanced mode. However, Camera Raw does not recognise the GPU. The preference box in Camera Raw is ticked for GPU use but it shows "unsupported hardware / driver version". There are no updates available to either the iMac or Camera Raw. Any ideas why this is happening? Is there a list of compatible GPU's available?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Unless you're using a 4K or 5K monitor, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm just using onboard graphics (no graphics card) and the GPU is disabled automatically in Lightroom. Lightroom utilizes GPU in the develop module primarily to enhance performance for those high-resolution monitors. However, here is a reference that might interest you:

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless you're using a 4K or 5K monitor, I wouldn't worry about it. I'm just using onboard graphics (no graphics card) and the GPU is disabled automatically in Lightroom. Lightroom utilizes GPU in the develop module primarily to enhance performance for those high-resolution monitors. However, here is a reference that might interest you:

Adobe Lightroom GPU Troubleshooting and FAQ

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks Jim

The Radeon 6000M series GPU is not supported by Camera Raw, which answers my question. A pity, since there are some very nice enhancements when using the advanced GPU setting in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines