Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw - Installé mais non visible dans les applications

Community Beginner ,
Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour, 

Je suis abonné au Creative Cloud pour la photo et j'ai installé Camera Raw (cf copie ecran). 

J'ai un Mac Book Pro 2019 - macOs Ventura 13.6

Le problème c'est qu'il n'apparait pas dans le répertoire de mes applications et que donc je n'arrive pas à l'ouvrir. 

Sur la copie d'écran ci dessous j'ai un icone Ouvrir pour les autres applications Adobe, mais pas pour Camera Raw. 

Vincent32758320xm0n_0-1696780116043.png

Si quelqu'un peut m'aider ? 

Par avance merci

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 08, 2023 Oct 08, 2023

I'm subscribed to Creative Cloud for photography and I have installed Camera Raw (see screenshot). 

I have a Mac Book Pro 2019 - macOs Ventura 13.6

The problem is that it doesn't appear in my application directory and therefore I can't open it. 

On the screenshot below I have an Open icon for other Adobe applications, but not for Camera Raw. 

I just saw that I can open Camera Raw via Bridge. 

Can we open it without going through Bridge? 

My main pb is: how to default a raw file (. CR3) to Ca

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Je viens de voir que je peux ouvrir Camera Raw via Bridge. 

Peux t'on l'ouvrir sans passer par Bridge ? 

Mon pb essentiel est : comment assoccier par défaut un fichier raw (.CR3) à Camera Raw sachant qu'il n'apparait pas dans la liste des aplications possibles ? 

Merci par avance

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm subscribed to Creative Cloud for photography and I have installed Camera Raw (see screenshot). 

I have a Mac Book Pro 2019 - macOs Ventura 13.6

The problem is that it doesn't appear in my application directory and therefore I can't open it. 

On the screenshot below I have an Open icon for other Adobe applications, but not for Camera Raw. 

I just saw that I can open Camera Raw via Bridge. 

Can we open it without going through Bridge? 

My main pb is: how to default a raw file (. CR3) to Camera Raw knowing that it doesn't appear in the list of possible applications? 

By @Vincent32758320xm0n

Camera Raw is not an application, but a plugin for Photoshop and Bridge, and can not be launched on its own.

If you open a raw file from within Photoshop, it will open in Camera Raw, where you do non-destructive editing.

When you have finished editing, click Open, and a new file, rendered from the raw file will open in Photoshop.

So CR3 files cannot be associated with Camera Raw, but you can associate them with Photoshop. Because Photoshop cannot open raw files, it launches Camera Raw first.

Raw files are very flat and very dark grayscale files, and have to be processed i a raw converter, like Camera Raw.

The image you see on screen in Camera Raw is not the raw file, but a preview of a new, rendered file.

The edits you do are written to a text file (XMP), and applied to the new file when you click Open.

The raw file itself remains unchanged.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Many thanks @Per Berntsen for your prompt and clear feedback 🙏 I know understand how to proceed. 

Best regards

Vincent

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines