• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw is so SLOW

Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just installed the new Camera Raw this morning, and I have to say it is very nearly unusable. I'm trying to make 14 raw files look a lot like each other. Switching from one to the other is almost impossible. Click on one file, look at it, click on the next file and it takes, I'm not kidding, at least 2-3 seconds for the file to appear in the working window. Is this a bug? How do I go back to what I was using yesterday?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Some users on our feedback forum have reported that they have a product named  Acronis True image on their computres and that  turning off the "Acronis Active Protection service" resolve their slow downs.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/camera-raw-lagging-issue-after-update-dng-pic...

If you also have that product, please try that workaround and let us know if it helps you.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Yup, it was Acronis True Image. I disabled the Active Protection and it was useable again.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 04, 2019 Nov 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry that Camera Raw is running slower than expected. 

Could you please take a look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in this article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html#Troubleshooting and let us know if that helps?

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 05, 2019 Nov 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Disabling GPU acceleration in Camera Raw preferences helped alleviate some of the issue for me, until I restarted Photoshop and now the lag is back and nothing helps speed things up. 

I had the same problem that PSJock mentioned above--my computer is not out of date, either. 

I must say though it's awesome that the 3-5 minute hang upon closing the ACR window is now almost gone. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, Akash,

I think I've done everything you suggested, and hothing has worked. I'm really unhappy with Camera Raw since it is the part of Photoshop that I use most. I hope you'll think of something else to try.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Camera Raw 12.0 the system requirements for GPU acceleration have changed. Specifically, OpenGL is no longer supported. Please review the new GPU system requirements here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/system-requirements.html#ConsiderationsforGraphicsProcessorGPUacc...

I belive it's likley this is why it's slower on your computer than before the update. If not, however, then it may be due to any number of other factors and I'd need more information to answer your question.

Thanks for your patience,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to go back to an older version of camera raw?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I just installed the 11.4.1 version of Camera Raw, and the slowness of which I had been complaining has fairly much vanished. I'm a happy guy, and I really appreciate all the help this group has given to me. It's the very firt time I've ever had a problem with an Adobe product (knock, knock, knock on wood!), and this one unnerved me. I'm glad to be be back in my normal work flow.

Thank you so much!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad you're enjoying better performance with 11.4.1. I'd like to verify that the cause of your slowdown with 12.0 is actually what I think it is and not some other problem. When you have time, please open the Camera Raw preferences dialog box in 11.4.1 and take a screenshot of the information on the Performance tab. If you do not want to put this information in the forum, please e-mail it to me: dfranzen at-sign adobe.com

Thanks for your help,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi David, 

I don't want to hijack this thread, but I can show you what that dialogue looks like on my iMac system, which is experiencing the same issue. iMac i7 quad, (Retina 5k, 2017)iMac i7 quad, (Retina 5k, 2017)

In v12, it also says that the system supports full acceleration. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for confirming that this is not due to using different options for GPU acceleration.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 11, 2019 Nov 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some users on our feedback forum have reported that they have a product named  Acronis True image on their computres and that  turning off the "Acronis Active Protection service" resolve their slow downs.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/photoshop_family/topics/camera-raw-lagging-issue-after-update-dng-pic...

If you also have that product, please try that workaround and let us know if it helps you.

Thanks,

David

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 08, 2020 Sep 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yup, it was Acronis True Image. I disabled the Active Protection and it was useable again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Taking this a step further, in Acronis True Image, under Active Protection -> Manage Processes, I white listed C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop 2020\Photoshop.exe

Now I don't have to go and disable active protection each time I want to use Camera RAW.  Obvously this will work until they change the file path on an upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much, it resolved this problem for me as well!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2020 Dec 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great this worked great have been stuck on Acr 11.4, upgraded to 13.1 this week and it was so slow, just uninstall Ed acronis  and alls running so smooth even developer in lighroom cc has improve

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hallo,

seit der PhotoShop Version 19.... reagiert Camera Raw beim laden und bearbeiten einer RAW Datei sehr Zeitverzögert, je nach Bearbeitungswerkzeug kann es 10 Sekunden und länger dauern bis eine Änderung ausgeführt wird!

Camera Raw als Filter -innerhalb eines geöffneten Fotos in PhotoShop- reagiert fast unmittelbar auf Einstellungsänderungen!

Ich habe mit den Einstellungen für die Grafikkarte (GPU) experimentiert aber keine Veränderung erzielt

Mein System: Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB Ram, Grafikkarte NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060-6GB - alles up-to date

any suggestions?

ich habe den halben Tag damit zugebracht in den Hilfe-Foren nachzuforschen, mein Problem- mein English ist nicht das beste- ihr alle habt/hattet ein Ähnliches Problem aber soweit

ich das ersehen kann liegen die Einträge fast ein Jahr zurück, es hat in der Zwischenzeit einige Updates gegeben (ich nutze auch ACRONIS

True Image - habe heute das neuste Update erhalten- das abstellen der besagten "Active Protection" bewirkt keine Besserung!

Charly

P.s. wie kann ich die DxDiag.txt Datei anhängen?

Googel Translation
Hello, Since PhotoShop version 19 .... Camera Raw reacts very slowly when loading and editing a RAW file, depending on the editing tool it can take 10 seconds or longer until a change is made! Camera Raw as a filter -within an open photo in PhotoShop- reacts almost immediately to changes in settings! I have experimented with the settings for the graphics card (GPU) but have not achieved any change My system: Windows 10, 64bit, 16GB Ram, graphics card NVIDIA GeForce GTX1060-6GB - everything is up to date any suggestions? I spent half the day researching the help forums, my problem - my English is not the best - you all have / had a similar problem so far I can see that the entries were almost a year ago, there have been some updates in the meantime (I also use ACRONIS True Image - I received the latest update today - turning off said "Active Protection" does not bring about any improvement!

Charly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on PhotoShop 21, in fact, just today writing this, I took another minor update to it. I am still using Acronis, but their 2020 version. I haven't upgraded to 2021 and not sure if I will. I really don't having my software as a subscription, which even includes Adobe CC (yes, you guys!) I have been slowly shifting away from my dependancy on it and been using Capture One and Affinity Photo / Luminar more and more lately for my work flow. I am still pretty dependent on Photoshop at this moment though, especially since I have a decade of photos processed with it. For the most part, I hardly do use Camera Raw, my workflow has just developed where I don't need it much. I do use it for temperature adjustment and maybe some exposure adjustments, but that's about it.

All that being said.... I just cracked open Photoshop 21.1 and loaded up a file and went into Camera RAW 31.1. It was very responsive to me. With the exception of Acronis, I am current on everything.

Here is a screen shot of my Manage Process in Acronis. If it's still slow for you, I am not sure what to say. I would start working on a process of elimination. Start working on any "Active Protection" you have, like Acronis, virus protection, etc. Check your services and see what's running. If you just search on the process name, you'll get a wealth of information.

Acronis.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you John AZ,

putting Photoshop into the Wheitlist of Acronis Active Protection- Camera Raw is working just fine now!!

But now I'm wondering why I should continue to use Acronis, I bought it as backup software and not as protection software! but that doesn't belong here!

Thanks again!!!

Charly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 12, 2020 Dec 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you got it working!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2020 Dec 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
The culprit is again - Acronis True Image. I have had this software for a number of years and have always upgraded. In the previous edition (2020) you could disable files or folders in the Protection menu, which I did and which allowed Camera RAW to work perfectly. But I recently upgraded to Acronis True Image 2021 and the lagging of Camera RAW images loading - plus the lagging of the adjustment sliders started again yet - Photoshop was included in the protection excluded list. So I completely uninstalled Acronios True Image 2021 and the lagging on images loading and adjustment sliders in Camera RAW disappeared immediately. Either Adobe or Acronis need to resolve this issue - when Acronis uninstall asked me why I wanted to install - I said 'This software causes major issues with Adobe Photoshop' - though what difference that will make - I don't know.
Regards,
Richard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have Acronis True Image, nor have I ever even heard of it.  My CameraRAW 13.1 freezes up my Mac every time unless I disable the Hardware Acceleration or install the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2020 Dec 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm this and still cannot belive it!

I had Acronis Active Protection disabled and put my whole programms folder under the exceptions just to be sure.

Nothing changed.

But as soon as I deinstalled Acronis without a reboot Camera Raw in Bridge was up to speed again. What took minutes before or was simply not possible due to constant crashes is now behaving normally. I was almost going insane. Thanks for your solution!

And I did it just like you and made sure to let them know in the survey after deinstalling the software. I'm gonna mail them too because this is just unacceptable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I wrote the Acronis support regarding this bug and they just released a new version which fixed the bug. At least for me.

Maybe you can give Acronis another chance and try out if this is now working for you.

Best regards,
Moritz

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 19, 2020 Dec 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for this information.  I was so frustrated with editing in Camera Raw in Photoshop but this has fixed the problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines