Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

camera raw issue opening jpgs

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2020 Feb 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I Have Photoshop CS6.

Up to know, I was able to open jpg files from bridge in Camera raw, just by clicking "open in camera raw".

But from a couple of months ago I am not able anymore

I get messages "Camera raw is not activated" "Camera raw needs a product with license"

Of course i have a license for my Ps CS6.

Can anybody help me?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to add taht I can open raw files without any problem, but not jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great!!

And....?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a more specific forum, and you might get better answers. Off hand, I'm not sure what the issue is, but I would try resetting the preferences of camera raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don`t understand.

I believe this is "camera raw" forum. Are you suggesting me to move this question to Photoshop forum?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, your post was originally in the Photoshop forum. I moved it to the more appropriate Camera Raw forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strongly disappointed with Adobe.

I received a direct message asking me to contact Adobe Team email . I did.

But they didn´t gave me a ny support. They just asked me to buy a new license with the excuse that my current license is "old" and not supported (2013).

This is not the kind of customer service you would expect from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mariano, 
At Adobe we don't have an inbound email address for support. It looks like a scammer pretending to be an Adobe employee has gotten in touch with you. Please check this thread on how to identify Adobe employees in this community.
As per how to contact support, please check this page for more information.
Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2022 Aug 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody, I have the same issue with jpg files not opening in Camera Raw from Bridge. Update version of PhS and Br. Can anyone help, please?

Error-CameraRaw-Bridge.jpg  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The error message says that the version you have of ACR is not compatible with the version of Bridge you are using. As of Augus 16, 2022, you are using the current version of ACR (14.4.1.1122), but the current version of Bridge is 12.0.2.252 so you should try updating to that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2022 Aug 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Bruce for your reply.

Current Bridge 12.0.2.252. You mean I have to go back, to downgrade Bridge to 11.0.1 is it correct?

CreativeCloud.jpg

this are the choices.

I look forward for your reply. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of photoshop do you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In the photo you posted it shows you are running Bridge version 9.0.3.279, which is Adobe Bridge CC for Windows X64. The Bridge version compatible with the version of Adobe Camera Raw you are running is 12.0.2.252, so you have an old version of Bridge and a new version of ACR. In the photo of your reply it appears to indicate you already have the current version of Bridge (12.0.2.252) installed, so it could be you have two versions of Bridge installed on your computer and you are running the older one. In that case you need to run the newer version instead.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines