Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw no longer shows images on macOS Big Sur

New Here ,
Jun 10, 2021 Jun 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everybody,
after the penultimate update to Big Sur, photoshop camera Raw no longer works, the editing area is black and nothing can be seen. The same problem arises in the "Liquify" filter. The last update Big Sur brought no improvement. Does anyone have any idea how to fix the errors?

Thank you in advance and best regards.

{Thread title edited by moderator}

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving thread to the Camera Raw forum from Using the Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We're sorry about the trouble with Camera Raw & the Liquify tool in Photoshop. Would you mind sharing the versions of Photoshop & Camera Raw you're working on?

You can go to the Preferences of Camera Raw by going to the Photoshop menu in Photoshop, then Preferences, then Camera Raw Preferences. Then go to Performance & disable the option to Use Graphics processor. Once done, quit & relaunch Photoshop & Camera Raw to check if that helps.

If it helps, you can try the same for Photoshop by going to the Preferences of Photoshop, then Performance.

Regards,

Nikunj

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Come on ADOBE!!!  Get your act together!!  This issue doesn't exist on a PC. Get a fix for this.  Like yesterday.  You're causing folks to loose money.......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@defaulthrqr5d73f5yu wrote:

Come on ADOBE!!!  Get your act together!!  This issue doesn't exist on a PC. Get a fix for this.  Like yesterday.  You're causing folks to loose money.......

It doesn't exist on my Mac either. 

Since this is your first post in this thread, lets start from scratch: Explain exactly your problem with full details as to the version of ACR, your OS and info about system (GPU) etc. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, try disabling GPU in the preferences (Preformance tab). Any better?
If not, recalibrate and build a new ICC display profile, the old one might be corrupted.
If you are using software/hardware for this task, be sure the software is set to build a matrix not LUT profile, Version 2 not Version 4 profile.
If turning OFF GPU works, it's a GPU bug and you need to contact the manufacturer or find out if there's an updated driver for it. 
Also see: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/acr-gpu-faq.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,  I'm having the same issue.

Photoshop version 20.0.1

Camera Raw version can not see as it's all black screen

OS Big Sur 11.4

MacBook Pro (15-inch, 2019

Processor 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory 16 GB 2400 MHz DDR4

Graphics Card  Radeon Pro 560X 4 GB

Do I just need the new version of photoshop or is there a way to fix this? Would hate to have to spend all that money. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 25, 2021 Jul 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.17.37 PM.png

this is what I see whne I try to change preferences for Camera Raw

and this is what I see when I open a file in Camera Raw.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 4.20.02 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2021 Jul 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had exactly the same problem and just reinstalled PS from Create Cloud. Has fixed it now

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2021 Sep 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just google the latest version of the camera raw update.  Even though the Adobe Cloud may say it is up to date, it is not.  As soon as you separately update the latest vesion of camera RAW the issue will be resolved in both PS and The Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines