• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw not opening DNG acoss network drives

Community Beginner ,
Mar 08, 2019 Mar 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On a Mac (tested this on three Macs and two PC's). I work in an environment where we store all our studio images created on Macs on network PC servers. Recently we were not able to open any of the DNG's from Camera Raw 11.2 on the Macs without changing any settings on previously finished DNG's. But if you changed any setting by the smallest or largest margin, the file would open in Photoshop only if you viewed the file through Camera Raw in Bridge. No matter what you did, the file would not open in Photoshop if you just double clicked the file in Bridge or the finder. Command + R opening in Bridge would allow you to change a Camera Raw setting and then you could open the file (change anything means: color temp, tint, exposure, contrast etc all the down the line). You only needed to change one box and the file would open in Photoshop. Go back to Bridge Camera Raw and return the changed setting to its previous value and it again would not open. It acts like its sending it to Photoshop meaning Photoshop would activate, but nothing would open.

This was not a problem on the two PC's we tried it on. This was not a problem on local drives or local network drives such as a NAS or Drobo connect to the Mac it self. Only if over a regular network. We tried three different servers and had the same results for both Mac and PC. Mac's Camera Raw broken and PC's working. We restarted the computers, reset Photoshop prefs and purged caches for files and folders.

After all that testing, we reverted the Mac's to Camera Raw 11.1 and that fixed the problem. Reinstalled Camera Raw 11.2 and problem returned.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

This is an unfortunate bug and the team is working to fix it in an upcoming version of Camera Raw. Until then, there are some workarounds outlined here:  Cannot open raw files from a network drive

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2019 Mar 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got the same error using MacOS Mojave and Synology NAS.

Back to LR 8.1 and ACR 11.1 to solve the issue.

Other topic : file not found error with network volume

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Mar 13, 2019 Mar 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is an unfortunate bug and the team is working to fix it in an upcoming version of Camera Raw. Until then, there are some workarounds outlined here:  Cannot open raw files from a network drive

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - when can we expect the update?

jjohnsen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I’ve experienced the same.

Adobe: Please could you fix it? And: Start testing more thoroughly. All the recent updates are full of bugs. It’s very hard for me to keep up my production when I get such problems every other day. Once one is fixed there’s a new bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Apr 03, 2019 Apr 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

We are happy to announce Camera Raw 11.2.1 which includes a bug fix affecting the opening raw files stored on a NAS.

This change should fix issues with Bridge and Lightroom Classic opening raw files using Edit in Photoshop.

Note: It is necessary to install the Camera Raw update to fix this issue. Installing Lightroom Classic 8.2.1 alone will not affect the issue.

You can install the updates on desktop applications via the Creative Cloud App. [CTRL/CMD]+[ALT/OPT]+[ R ] will refresh your app if the update doesn’t appear. See Update apps to the latest release of Adobe Creative Cloud

Please install the update and let us know if you continue to face any issues.

Thanks,

Akash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having this same problem today with ACR 14.3. I have updated PS but this does not solve the problem. Bascially, I am having to drag .CR2 files to my local desktop to open them in PS and then save the .PSD file to the network drive. Why has this network opening bug not been fixed yet???

Thanks, Tom.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2022 May 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This was fixed three years ago. You are seeing some other issue, perhaps permissions? Working off a server is not supported, often you hasve funny problems that are not really the fault of an app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines