• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw not recognizing JPEG files the first time.

New Here ,
Nov 18, 2021 Nov 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I download JPEGs and do some basic edits in Camera RAW, the first time I try to open them in Photoshop, it says it doesn't recognize the file. If I open them in Camera Raw again and then open in Photoshop for the second time, it will work. Anyone else having this problem? Not super serious, just really annoying. I have the most current version of Photoshop. Updated a couple days ago.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you bypass Camera Raw do they open without error the first time?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you zip up JPEGs you're having trouble with and post a link to them so we can troubleshoot? (use CC files or Dropbox)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a similar issue..I open jpegs into camera raw from photomechanic 6. If a load a single jpeg or raw file and make adjustments it opens into photoshop. If a try to process 2 or more jpegs in camera raw, then they will not open in photoshop. Error message "Could not complete your request because Photoshop does not recognize this type of file.'  If I then try again and make no further adjustments in camera raw the files will open in photoshop. However, if I make any further adjustments the files are rejected again. I have spent many hours on 3 separate occasions on chat to Adobe technical support. They have cleaned, uninstalled and re-installed both camera raw and photoshop, both current and previous versions...but the problem persists. As the problem occurs on both of my macs I believe this is a bug in the Adobe software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening with any JPEG that I download from the internet. I changed my settings in Camera raw to not open JPEG's and now they're opening first try in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

+1 to this issue

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines