• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera raw says it's up to date, but it's not

New Here ,
Apr 24, 2020 Apr 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my Adobe apps home page, it is telling me that Camera raw is up to date (a tick with "up to date" below the Camera raw icon). But when I import an image, it is not displaying properly because it is still using an older version (10.5). I'm using the latest version of Photoshop 2020. Suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspect that your Creative Cloud  Desktop is not up to date. Do you have it configured to automatically keep up to date?

Annotation 2020-04-24 084109.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes - have always had these settings activated, so this isn't the problem. Right now I've gone backed to using an older version of photoshop which works with the older version of camera raw but would obviously prefer to use the latest versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 25, 2020 Apr 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That contradicts what you indicated in your opening comment when you indicated, "I'm using the latest version of Photoshop 2020." What version of Photoshop are you really using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2020 Apr 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have version 21.1.2 open which is the version I want to use. I believe this is the latest version. But right now, it is not compatible with camera raw, which even though it says it is up to date, is still loading an old version (see second screenshot). What I mentioned in my earlier e-mail, is that this has forced me to go back and use an older version of photoshop which is compatible with the 10.5 version of camera raw. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. It's quite possible i'm overlooking something or doing something dumb.

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 8.48.19 PM.png

Screen Shot 2020-04-26 at 8.50.11 PM.png

 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never attempted to maintain two versions of Photoshop on my computer. However, "I think" this could be the source of your problem because you have conflicting versions of Camera Raw installed on your computer. Please understand that I'm not an expert. But from years past I have read where having different versions of Camera Raw can confuse Photoshop precisely in the way you are experiencing right now. Someone else might correct me. But if you can go to the folder where Camera Raw is installed I think you will discover that there are two versions. You need to remove the version with the oldest date. At least put it in a different folder if you don't want to get rid of it completely, and see if that fixes your problem. Give that a try, and if it doesn't resolve things then I'm out of ideas.

If you don't know the path to Camera Raw, do a search using Finder looking for Camera Raw.8bi (at least that's what it is in Windows). If that doesn't work then try Camera Raw.*.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thx. This is helpful. I can see 4 Camera raw blue folders in Finder but it is not clear from clicking on them (which takes you to various sub-folders) which is the latest/old etc. Maybe I should just remove them all and try to start again? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 27, 2020 Apr 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I'm not familiar with the Mac, I'm afraid I'm working at a disadvantage here. Is it possible to go into those folders and look at the properties for each of the Camera Raw versions to determine the date of the plug-in? You only want to retain the one with the most recent date. I suggest moving all of the others to a subfolder, remembering where they were originally in case that doesn't solve the problem. Either that or drop the "8bi" from the file name of the other versions. Do something so that they will be recognized by the operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2022 Aug 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

I have run into the same problem. I have updated to the latest Lightroom and Photoshop. I am trying to use the 'edit in Photoshop' option. It used to open with lightroom edits, but is not letting me now. It's asking that I update the Camera Raw plugin (see pic attached). However, it is updated in my cloud (see pic attached). When I check in Photoshop (the latest version - see pic attached) and search for the Camera RAW plugin, it is displaying as the older 2020 version.

Problem is, I can't find any files at all on my computer so I am unable to delete an older version as suggested above. (see pic with 0 files) 

Any ideas? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, so I just clicked 'render using Lightroom' and it did the same job as normal just duplicating the files into tifs first before then opening them in Photoshop to be edited. All good. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@claired94944960 wrote:

Okay, so I just clicked 'render using Lightroom' and it did the same job as normal just duplicating the files into tifs first before then opening them in Photoshop to be edited. All good. 

You're getting the error in LR about ACR not being on version parity? 

Just let LR render until this bug is fixed. Once a version of ACR and LR are actually on version parity, then you can go back to using the "Edit in Photoshop" command. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's technically doing the same thing. I'm clicking 'Edit in Photoshop' then 'Render in Lightroom' from the pop up (which didn't happen before). It's converting and duplicating the photos into a .tif first and then opening them automatically in Photoshop. 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines