• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW Sharpening tool

New Here ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the sharpening section of ACR when I hold the Alt key while adjusting the masking slider... how can I save that mask to use later when I'm in Photoshop?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

robertoldfart343  wrote

In the sharpening section of ACR when I hold the Alt key while adjusting the masking slider... how can I save that mask to use later when I'm in Photoshop?

You can't...the display is only showing you the edge masking ACR is creating inside of ACR. There's no way to save that and use it elsewhere since it really only exists inside of ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2017 May 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure where you're going with this. But you can save the sharpening settings as a preset. If you're using Photoshop CC you could call the Camera Raw filter and recall that preset from within Photoshop. But as far as I know, there isn't any way to recall a mask created in Camera Raw from Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 26, 2017 May 26, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

robertoldfart343  wrote

You can't...the display is only showing you the edge masking ACR is creating inside of ACR. There's no way to save that and use it elsewhere since it really only exists inside of ACR.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suspected that... but it would be way cool to be able to use that mask

later... Adobe are you listening lol

On Sat, May 27, 2017 at 12:21 AM, Jeff Schewe <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 27, 2017 May 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw is a plug-in to Photoshop because it is providing access to non-pixel data. In my opinion, it's unlikely that there is any way to integrate a mask from a plug-in to the main program. But this isn't really the forum to expect Adobe engineers to hear ideas such as yours. Here is the link to express your idea. It's more likely to at least get some feedback from those who know.

Photoshop Family Customer Community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you so much!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 28, 2017 May 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The mask you see in Camera Raw is an automated version of a mask that some have already been using in Photoshop for many years, so instead of trying to transfer the Camera Raw mask to Photoshop, you can also build your own mask like that in Photoshop in just a few steps. There's a demo in the video below, but the basic idea is to copy the image layer, run the High Pass filter on the copy, and use the result as an edge mask. You can adjust the strength of your Photoshop edge mask layer by changing the High Pass radius, changing layer Opacity, applying a layer blending mode, or using commands like Levels and Curves to adjust the contrast of the mask layer itself.

Creative use of the High Pass filter in Photoshop | Adobe Photoshop CC tutorials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2017 May 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry but I disagree... I use the applied image method of sharpening, I

"NEVER" use the High Pass filter, because of it's innate flaws. If you use

the High Pass filter and match it with the same radius Low Pass filter

(Gaussian Blur) and combine the two filters in a group. These two filters

combined should have "0" effect, They should perfectly cancel each other

out. As you turn the group on and off you will see that the High Pass

filter is less than perfect...the shadow and highlight areas are distorted.

If you do the exact same thing with the applied image method there is "NO

CHANGE" when you turn off that group. I admit it is a bit more work but you

can solve that with actions and build a number of them with different

radius. Look up High Pass sucks for the step by step. Plus by using a

clever radius in applied image you will also create a frequency separation

and do sharpening at the same time by how you mask things....

Plus your method doesn't create a black and white mask that you can combine

with other black and white masks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines