Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw takes a long time to open in Photoshop

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have a problem with photoshop and camera raw on my Laptop.
When i am in photoshop and want to open a picture in Camera Raw it takes more than 10 seconds to

open it. If I then want to reopen it in photoshop it takes too long.

When doing the same thing from a stand alone Bridge it opens almost directly in Camera Raw.

If I then want to open it in Photoshop, it takes a long time.

It has been working before and I dont know if the large update of photoshop has anything to to with it

What is the differenc between the way PS communicate with Camera Raw end the way Bridge does?

I dont know if it is relevant but I have the same programs in my PC and there it is working.

I have the same preferences in the PC asin the Laptop

I have Photoshop 2022 23.11, Camera Raw 14.1.0.993 and Bridge 12.0.1.246.

regards Nils Elsner

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So both Bridge and Photoshop can host ACR (even at the same time but I digress). This indicates there is something in Photoshop alone that impedes ACR from rendering the image as quickly. You might try resetting the ACR prefs or even Photoshops, or examine the GPU settings to see if you can get PS closer to Bridge's hosted preformance.

To Reset of the Camera Raw preferences:
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"
See also:
https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your answer but unfortunately it did not help. I have examined every preference

in PS and Bridge. I have also tried to change the GPU but there is not much to change in

the Nvidia settings. Also thanks for the link that explains the different ways to open CR,

I learned somthing from that.

/Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also tried to change the GPU but there is not much to change in

the Nvidia settings.

By @swingpjatten

Just saw this comment. My suggestion wasn't to mess around there but in Photoshop's preferences. Turn OFF GPU there. Does this make any difference? This might explain too why you see a difference when ACR is hosted by Bridge vs. Photoshop.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 28, 2022 Jan 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I have loaded an older version of PS and it works. So it looks like the latest version

of PS and my PC is not a good combination. 

What to do?? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

try clearing your computer's memory

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2022 Feb 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your suggestion.

However I discovered the PS made the temperature of the PC to go up over 90%, this in
combination with loading the PC,so I did send it infor service.
They changed the fan and did reset it. That didnt help so I have sent it to them again

and now I am wating to se what they come up with.
The support said something about changing the GPU?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day! no response from support

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 02, 2022 Feb 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

I am still wating. I will be back when I know more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem although my PC has more than enough specs to handle both the Photoshop and CaptureOne workflow I'm working for the last 4 years. Looking to find a solution too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2022 Feb 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is inccredibile slow transportation, the PC has still not reached the service workshop!
I have also checked under help in PS that the GPU is compatible with PS- CC.
So i will be back as soon as I know more

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 16, 2022 Feb 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi again

At last i got the PC back from repair. They have changed the heatsink so now the temperature is ok.

But, of course, it did not solve the CR-problem. I started from the beginning and loaded PS version 22.5.6
and it is working. When I update it to  the latest 23.2  I have the problem. I have reset the preferences without 

success. The problem goes two ways, when i try to open in CR and when I try to open it in PS form CR.
Could it be the RAM. I have 8Gb installed but only 6 available. But in the preferences it gives a recommended

value of 3,5. But on the other hand Bridge should not be working ok if the memory is too small.

I was also thinking that the GPU is too slow or something. But he effextfilters are working and also that

Phososhop says that the version I have should be enough.

So now I have run out off ideas. Anyone who figure this out ??

regards Nils

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also expanded the RAM to 16gb, still the same.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in contact with Adobe suport. They have no answer to why PS is not working well

with the latest version of PS. They recommended me to use the earlier version 22.5.6 which is working ok.

They also said that the latest version contained mostly faultcorrections.

So there I am with an old version and no real answer to my problem!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem.... any solution? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will be in contact with Adobe suport today over phone.
Let us hope!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have now talked to the tec. He created a new account that will only have some

standard Apps defined. It then works. He believes there is some combination between

ant-virus and maybe Windows security. It is proberly one of the installed Apps that

causes the problem but he could not pinpoint it exactly.
I removed Norton, still the same. It could be some old ant-virus still hanging in theer?
So I have tried to remove one app at a time but has still not been able fix it.
I will be back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well it certainly is some conflicting software and that's not easy to find without trial and error testing I'm sorry to report.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am very confused. If I open a new account it will have acces to exactly the same apps

as the old one? If there is a conflict in the old one why is it not in the new one?

Let us say there is conflict in the anti-virusprogram and Windows defender.

I mean it is the same PS and the same anti-virusprogram and the defender in both account?
The thing is that I do not fully understand what is the difference between the old and the new account.
I thought that one have different accounts to prevent access to data e.g. worddocuments etc.

Could you please explain it to me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't know what "Account" you are speaking of. Adobe Creative Cloud?

Sorry, can't help you with Windows Defender.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No it is a Windows 10 account.
But I will go back to the suport again and ask them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines