• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW Update [Unable to open Canon 7D Mark II Raw files in PSE 10]

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to update Elements 10 to accept Canon EOS7DMk2 RAW files. How do I do this

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Hi Chris,

First off, congrats on your 7Dm2. I have the same camera and it's fantastic, I love it.

First the bad news: If you are using PSE 10, than the most recent version of ACR you can put in there is V. 6.7. However, you need no less than ACR 8.7 to be able to see your 7Dm2 images.

You have three choices: one is to update to the latest version of PSE 2019 and you are good to. Your second option is to purchase the Photoshop/Lightroom Cloud subscription service. (To be honest, with a camera like t

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Mar 09, 2019 Mar 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Chris,

First off, congrats on your 7Dm2. I have the same camera and it's fantastic, I love it.

First the bad news: If you are using PSE 10, than the most recent version of ACR you can put in there is V. 6.7. However, you need no less than ACR 8.7 to be able to see your 7Dm2 images.

You have three choices: one is to update to the latest version of PSE 2019 and you are good to. Your second option is to purchase the Photoshop/Lightroom Cloud subscription service. (To be honest, with a camera like that you really should consider this.). The 3rd option is to download the free Digital negative Converter (Adobe Digital Negative Converter ), convert your images to DNG images (from the CR2 format), and you are good to go with the version of PSE you have.

As far as costs, the 3rd option is the best, no money. For maintaining your software at a level your camera deserves, the Photoshop Cloud package, at $10/month, is the most expensive of the three but you'll get a LOT out of this. Updating your PSE is the safest insofar as you are used to using PSE but be aware that the ACR that you use in PSE has significantly fewer options and abilities compared to the one you get with the Cloud service.

I know that some are concerned or afraid of the DNG format, but I convert ALL of my images to that and have never looked back. For more information on this, see this article: https://photographyconcentrate.com/should-you-convert-dng/

So please let us know if this helps you in any way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gary

Really good advice. I went a slightly different route and had decided to update and go for the monthly subscription.

Thanks again

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2019 Mar 10, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok Chris, Welcome to a whole bunch of new. I’m sure you will enjoy it all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines