• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw uses system drive for panoramas instead of cache drive

New Here ,
May 22, 2020 May 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title suggests, Camera Raw has been filling up my OS drive with files when stitching panoramas. I understand the need for it to create the temp files when merging everything, but is there any way for it to do this work on a separate disk? Currently for my Adobe suite (Lightroom, Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Premiere Pro), I've allocated a SSD strictly as a cache drive. Everything is setup (as far as I know) to that drive for cache usage, but specifically creating panoramas has still been filling up my OS drive instead of the separate cache drive.

In typical usage, it hasn't been a huge issue for me until I go to create panoramas. I've only got a 120 gb OS drive, so there isn't much room left at the end of the day for temp stuff like this to be filling the drive, even if it empties itself after the fact. Theres only about 40 gb free before stitching stuff so this fills up pretty quick.

I've attached cache locations for Photoshop and Camera Raw. I don't know if theres any other cache settings I could be missing, but these are the ones I've point at that specific disk.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 01, 2020 Jun 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When Camera Raw creates a panorama you should see your system browser (either File Explorer or Finder) giving you an option to name the panorama. In that dialog is also the option to choose a different drive/folder to where you want the file saved.

For example, I just opened a folder on an external hard drive and created a panorama that consisted of 20 DNG files. When I was prompted to save the image I chose to save that panorama on the desktop which is on the C Drive. And that is where the 453 MB panorama was saved.

You have the option to choose any drive you have connected to your computer, and any folder that exists or that you may want to create as the destination for that saved image. You are in control.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines