Camera RAW Video editing causing light flickering

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2022 Jun 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, this may seem weird but I really enjoy using camera raw to color my videos and I've been doing it for years. However once I render things back down in After Effects I tend to get some strange lighting flickering issues on certain scenes. I'm not sure what the issue could be and I've tried troubleshooting several things:

-Rendering tifs, pngs, exr [not supported]
-Not being as heavy handed with my editing
-Trying different versions of camera raw, after effects
-Using different frame blending methods
-Rendering video with a LUT laid over first and then rending down my image sequence before placing into camera raw. [Thought V-Log could be causing an issue]

My pipeline process is to render my video out in an image sequence first, take the first frame and edit it or use a saved preset for the look I want, import image sequence with camera raw into After Effects, render out the footage in H.264 format. 

If there's any advise it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flickering might be this:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/photoshop-ecosystem-bugs/p-cursor-stuttering-amp-screen-flickering-in...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do have a G-Sync monitor but the issue only happens after the sequence has been rendered out and colored in CameraRaw. I'll still disable this setting just to see if it helps tho!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

*Update*
Ran a quick test render and the footage still has flickering issues sadly

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines