• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera RAW won't update

New Here ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop Elements 2020, version 18.0 currently has Camera RAW 12.0.0.321 installed. This will not open CR3 files. I've tried to update to Camera RAW 13.1 and 14.2, but neither one takes affect in Photoshop Elements, it still shows 12.0.0.321.

Does anyone have a solution?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cannot simply update ACR. The version of CR used by Photoshop Elements is 'bound and specific' to the version of Ps -Elements.

You can either upgrade Photoshop-Elements, or use the free DNG Converter app to convert the CR3 files to the DNG format.

DNG CONVERTER INSTRUCTIONS

DNG LEGACY SUPPORT

Digital Negative (DNG)

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of windows are you using?

camera raw installers

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-plug-in-installer.html#12_x

Either camera raw 13.1 or 14.2 should work with pse 2020 if you follow the directions here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop-elements/kb/camera-raw-update-not-available.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 19, 2022 Mar 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Photoshop-Elements is only compatible with CR up to Version 12.0

2022-03-20 08_15_54-Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility — Mozilla Firefox.jpg

https://helpx.adobe.com/au/camera-raw/kb/camera-raw-compatible-applications.html

So I still suggest you cannot update CR to v13 or 14.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Rob_Cullen 

Jeff is right. The official workaround to manually download and install new cameras in the PSE ACR does work since PSE2020. Many discussions about this in the Elements forum. You have to install the downloaded ACR version exactly as described. I had updated myself PSE2020 and 2021 to ACR 4.1. There has been a 'normal' automatic combined update of PSE2022 in February for PSE and its ACr version. The workaround only restores support for new cameras, it does not provide the full functionality of the PS/Bridge ACR version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 20, 2022 Mar 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks @MichelBParis for the update. I will modify my knowledge.

Nice that PsE will read new cameras without the DNG Converter hassle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines