• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw

New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on an image in Bridge it opens the image in camera raw, then I edit more in PS.  However recently it hasnt been doing this, it goes stright into PS bypssing Camera Raw, I dont know why it has started to do this and I dont know how to get it to do what it used to do.  However, I have noticed an app called "RAW FILE CONVERTER EX 3.0 powered by SILKYPIX" on my desktop, I did not download this app and do not know where it has come from.  Im wondering if this is why my Adobe Camera Raw won't now work as it used to.  I have tried to place SILKYPIX into my bin to get rid of it in the hope that Camera Raw will start to operate again, but it won't go into the bin.

How do I get rid of this app and get my Camera Raw back? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I moved your post to a better forum, Camera RAW.

That is because ACR only works, opens, when you are trying to open a RAW image file. Unless you have an option checked in the ACR preferences to open JPG/TIF in ACR that program is bypassed and open directly in Ps.

So what file type are you opening?

Simple fact is Ps can NOT open RAW files. they must first go through ACR. So you can't be working with RAW files when this happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 17, 2020 Aug 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah thank you so much, I've just checked and it's JPG, don't know how my camera changed from RAW, I must have changed setting without realising.  Thank you this will now resolve my problem 😁 👌🏻

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines