• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CAMERA RAW

New Here ,
Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, when i was recently using and correcting my picture with camera raw, there was an active button called: REPAIR. Thanks to this button i get avoid having some spots overburned. Pleas, tell me where is the botton now? I cant find it. I use ps 2020 and ps 2021.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 01, 2021 Jun 01, 2021

Are you sure you are not thinking of the "Recovery" slider which used to be in earlier Camera raw conversion processes (specifically conversion process 1 and 2)

davescm_0-1622581595709.png

In process version 3 onwards ( current is 5) , Recovery is replaced with Highlights and Whites, which function differently but can achieve the same thing, recovering mildly blown highlights by using the info from channels which have not blown.

davescm_1-1622581615660.png

If you ever want to compare the different process, go to the calibration tab and choose

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Never been a "Repair" button in ACR. 

What are you trying to actually do? 

If you type the K key, or B key, do you now see in the UI the tools you are looking for? 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you sure you are not thinking of the "Recovery" slider which used to be in earlier Camera raw conversion processes (specifically conversion process 1 and 2)

davescm_0-1622581595709.png

In process version 3 onwards ( current is 5) , Recovery is replaced with Highlights and Whites, which function differently but can achieve the same thing, recovering mildly blown highlights by using the info from channels which have not blown.

davescm_1-1622581615660.png

If you ever want to compare the different process, go to the calibration tab and choose from there. This of course also allows you to reprocess older raw images using the new process versions.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 02, 2021 Jun 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have a good memory, Dave. I had forgotten about Recovery and Fill Light.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 03, 2021 Jun 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

If I open an old file which was processed using an early ACR version, Revovery and Fill Light appear and are still usable, although if I want to process further I tend to switch to the current process.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 06, 2021 Jun 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for your help. I miss this recovery slider, all was so easy and fast. But i will help my self with highlights and whites and reach a good result too. Thanks again. Lucie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any time you are not sure where to find a feature, try using the Discover feature. Click on the magnifying glass icon in the top right corner, and start typing.  It can be an incredibly useful tool, and even experienced users can find it useful at times.  It's a sadly underused tool.

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines