Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Camera Raw

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please help? 

After downloading my photos in Lightroom I normally go ... Photo ... edit in ... Adobe Ps 2022 

This works fine but CAMERA RAW doesn't automatically pop up as a window as it used to.

I can still access it but need to go ... FILTER ... Camera Raw

How can I get the pop up Camera raw to be reinstalled?

Cheers

Annemarie

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 31, 2021 Dec 31, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of Lightroom?  Classic or Cloud?

Which Version Number of Lr?

What file-type is the photo you are editing?  RAW (NEF,CR2,ARW, etc) or RGB (JPG,TIF,etc)?

"CAMERA RAW doesn't automatically pop up as a window as it used to." It never did from Lr-CLassic!

The Camera Raw Interface will only open if you 'Open' the file from Bridge or a File Browser.

Or- ACR can be used if you 'Open as Smart Object' from Lr-Classic to Ps and [double-click] the Layer in Ps.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 14.0, Photoshop 26.0, ACR 17.0, Lightroom 8.0, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 15.0.0, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As explained by @Rob_Cullen , the Camera Raw interface will not appear when you use Edit in Photoshop.

If the image is a raw file, it will open silently in Camera Raw (which is a plugin for Photoshop and Bridge), where any adjustments from Lightroom will be applied. A new file will then be rendered from the raw file, and open in Photoshop.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I get the impression that you routinely send photos to Photoshop from Lightroom directly after importing. That is not a good workflow – you should do as much editing as possible in Lightroom, and only use Edit in Photoshop to do things that are not possible in Lightroom.

Editing in Lightroom is non-destructive, the edits are saved as text, and only applied to a new file when you export, or use Edit in Photoshop. The original remains unchanged.

Any edits you do in Photoshop are baked into the file itself, and cannot be undone. (unless you use Smart objects)

Also note that Camera Raw is an integral part of Lightroom. You can do the exact same edits in Lightroom as in Camera Raw, so even if you could, there would be no point in sending an image from Lightroom to Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 01, 2022 Jan 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to use ACR directly, you must do so from within Photoshop (or double click on a raw). Lightroom Classic has always used ACR to render images when using the Edit in Photoshop command. If the two are not on version parity, you will be told this and asked which to use, otherwise, the Lightroom Classic command will send the raw and processing instructions to ACR, it will render them and all you see in Photoshop is the end results of that processing.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines