• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can I edit my Canon 90D CR3 files in Camera Raw using Photoshop Elements 2021?

New Here ,
Apr 02, 2021 Apr 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was directed to the "Cameras Supported by Camera Raw" page on the Adobe site by the customer service rep on chat and my 90D is there, but there is a "No" in the Camera Matching Profile available column.  The customer service rep on chat said that means that the color profile my camera uses is not available.  To me that menas, my images cannot be adjusted???  Am I right?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are wrong 🙂

When you adjust a raw image in camera raw there is no right or wrong way to adjust it. However, for some cameras, a profile can be used that makes initial adjustments that are close to the jpeg presets in your camera, hence camera matching profile. That gives you a starting point but, personally, I've never let those bother me and I just adjust each image to taste and to suit the image itself.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Camera Raw forum, from the Photoshop forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

” Support for a particular flavor of a camera’s raw file does not necessarily mean that there will be Camera Matching profiles for that camera at the time of raw file support. It is normal for Camera Matching profiles to follow raw support by one or two releases. In the case of some camera manufacturers or the event of major changes by a particular manufacturer, that time may be greatly increased.

Note: Not all cameras will ever receive a set of Camera Matching profiles.

https://feedback.photoshop.com/conversations/camera-raw-and-dng/what-does-camera-support-mean/5f5f46...

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not having camera matching profiles simply means Adobe hasn't provided "camera faithful" profiles. However, there will be profiles such as Adobe color, Adobe landscape, Adobe vivid, etc. Profiles are only starting points anyway. There is an arsenal of excellent controls to enable you to modify the settings to achieve the optimum results that you desire.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines