• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

can no longer use shift on number fields to go up or down by 10 in camera raw

Explorer ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I am on windows with latest updates for it and PS, LRC, Bridge and camera raw.

In camera raw you can no longer use shift key to change number fields. It switches to auto and grays out screen till you click and then it zooms. very anoying.  any options?

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See: 

https://jkost.com/blog/2020/07/a-complete-guide-to-shortcuts-for-adobe-camera-raw-2.html

Click in any text entry area to enter specific numeric values. Tap the Tab key to move to the next text entry. With the text entry highlighted, use the up/down arrow keys to modify existing values.

Add the Shift key to modify in larger increments.

Should still be working and does for me on MacOS, maybe your keyboard assignment or something is wonky. 

And the field has to have entry (be 'highlighted ') for this to work either one unit or 10. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 14, 2021 Aug 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey DD, Have not run into you since I quit using the LL forum. But to the issue

This may be a windows deal and not mac and I am going from PS and using Camera raw as a filter.

If I open it and do nothing but hit the shift key you get a timer ball for a sec then the whloe thing goes grey till you click in image and then it comes back (but zooms if the zoom tool is active (defalut when it opens) or if the hand tool is active you click and it comes back to life) 

which to me is strange, if I hit the shift key without doing anything I would think nothing should happen. 

But also when it does come back to normal mode now in the basic tab all the siders are now auto as in auto contrast auto shadows etc. not the regular sliders  and when you highlight a field it will do the 10 increment thing but its in the auto mode 

And if first thing I do is highlight a field and manualy adjust(no shift) that works and when I hit shift it then works right but the shift key changes all the sliders from regular to auto sliders. so not sure if adjustments are the same with a regular slider vs one that says auto.  (it looks like they are doing the same thing so not sure what the difference between the 2 versions of the sliders is.)  And so what I am seeing here is that the shift key now is shifting between auto and non auto sliders while at the same time it is supposed to be doing the number fields.

And I have been at this for a long long time and this aspect of camera raw is something new and working wonky lately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe this has been addressed for the latest release.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 18, 2021 Aug 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@Ash Mills Photography wrote:

I believe this has been addressed for the latest release.

And the previous versions. At least on Mac.

Jens1257

If not working try resetting the prefs; can not hurt:

Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (macOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).

Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

See also:

https://helpx.adobe.com/camera-raw/using/camera-raw-settings.html

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines