• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't Install Camera Raw 8.5 w/Photoshop CC on OS X

Explorer ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to install Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw 8.5 for CC on OS X. I open the .dmg file and run the AdobePatchInstaller.app. I get "Update Failed. Updates could not be applied. This patch is not applicable for you..." Hmmm. I am using Photoshop CC and I did download AdobeCameraRaw-8.5-CC-mul-AdobeUpdate. Thoughts?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 12, 2014 Jun 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What OS X version are you running? What precise version of PS-CC are you running?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 13, 2014 Jun 13, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.9.3

Adobe Photoshop Version: 14.2.1 (14.2.1 20140207.r.570 2014/02/07:23:00:00) x64

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 14, 2014 Jun 14, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same problem with both of my Macs, and I'm running with the same OS X and Photoshop versions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Every single freaking time they update camera raw this happens.  Adobe's website is also not working or very slow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please provide me with a snapshot from Ps->Help->Update->Preferences. Please ensure Camera Raw entries are present here.

Please confirm your ACR version from Help->About Plugin->Camera Raw and provide us with the following logs.

You can find them at:

ACR Installer logs

For Mac:

Library\Logs\Adobe\Installer

For Win:

Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Installers

AAM logs

For Mac:

/Volumes/%Volume Name%/Users/%Username%/Library/Application Support/Adobe/AAMUpdater/1.0

For Win:

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Adobe\AAMUpdater

You can zip all the files together and send us through mail. This would help us in finding the root cause.

Appreciate your help. Apologize for the inconvenience.

Regards,

Ashutosh

asnigam@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh

I have the same problem, updated to PS CC 2014, AAM reports that there are no updates and yet ACR version is 8.4.1. There are no installer logs for Photoshop Camera Raw beyond 8.4.

Bridge also did not update or even show up in CC.app as an item that needed to be updated. I needed to uninstall Bridge (with uninstaller) quit the CC.app and once restarted it found the new version and installed.

reference_16_55_10.jpg

Mac 10.8.5

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a direct link to download that can be posted for the new ACR?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jun 20, 2014 Jun 20, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, but unfortunately the patch doesn't work for me. Mac 10.8.5 CC.... the cloud app shows that the account is active and on.

These subscription updates are beginning to have a real cost in lost time.

Is there a single upload available just for Camera Raw 8.5 without an installer?

reference_07_17_33.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Please provide a screenshot from Ps->Help->Update->Preferences. Please ensure Camera Raw entries are present here.

This ensure your updates application.

If it is not present then you need  to re-install PS CC 2014 It would be listed in Previous Version section. (http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/install-apps.html)

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Camera Raw is not included in the list I will try to reinstall.

Is there a reason that this is occurring? This seems to have effected Mac and PC's so I assume it's not on the client side?

SSPrengel - thank you!  I found the standalone ACR 8.5 within the Payloads folder of the DMG. If the reinstall of PS 2014 doesn't work I will manually install it from there. Thanks again.

reference_07_42_00.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is the reason Camera Raw Product Update are not being identified.

Manual installation of ACR patcher will also not work unless ACR is listed in this list.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately uninstalling PS 2014 didn't work -

I uninstalled with the uninstaller CC PS 2014, twice, once without the prefs and once with the prefs removed, and I have restarted the computer. But ACR is not listed in the Updater prefs and it shows all apps are up to date.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 06, 2014 Jul 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ashutosh,

below is my preference screeshotScreen Shot 2014-07-06 at 18.33.57.png.

1. I tried reinstalling PS CC 2014 number of times.

2. Updated my CC.

3. Quit and relogged into CC each time i reinstalled or did something related to PS.

Stll no hope to see the update of ACR.

My OS: Mac OS X (10.9.4)

PS CC: 2014.0.0.xxxxx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, had a similar issue with Extension manager CC a few months ago & after days of correspondence still never got it fixed!

Strangely, my standalone LR updated to 5.5 / with ACR 8.5 no problem !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lightroom is included with is own Camera Raw sort !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i did uninstall Bridge CC Photoshop CC + Photoshop CC 2014

uninstalled Adobe Creative Cloud Desktop App + Trashed Adobe Manager etc...

this is not working at all Camera Raw still in 8.4

this situation come from February update since the last version of CC did not update automatically Camera Raw i had to uninstall Bridge to get the update but this major update this is not working at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expierience the same problems. Can't update to ACR 8.5. And the Creative Cloud Updater keeps updating Bridge CC, PS CC and PS 2014 CC...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 23, 2014 Jun 23, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:

• Quit and Relaunch CC app

http://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/creative-cloud-connection-faq.html#id_10491

• Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application.
    • Mac OS: Go to the Applications folder and open the Adobe Creative Cloud alias.
    • Windows 7: Go to Start > All Programs > Adobe Creative Cloud
    • Windows 8: Open the Adobe Creative Cloud application from the Start Screen.
  • Click the Apps tab in the Adobe Creative Cloud applications.
  • Click on All Apps, then Previous Version

Creative Cloud App More Info.jpg

• Your installed CC Product would be listed, Click on Install Drop-down and then select the CC 2014 to install.
  • After Successful Installation, Update your Product

Let me know if you are still not able to Update ACR.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help... But PS CC 2014 is not listed under previous versions. My Apps  are all updated, but as you can see, ACR 8.5 is not.

Exemple 1.jpg

example 2.jpg

After restarting my computer, all updates are gone... Seriously, I'm getting frustrated!

example 3.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still see few Updates to be installed on your system, Please Update it by clicking on the icon on top of CC application.

Verify ACR version; as you said CC 2014 is not listed in that case you need to select PS CC from the drop down.

What is the version of ACR for PS CS6? -> You can find it in Help->About Plugin->ACR.

I believe you are not an Enterprise User.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

uups, I'm sorry. I uninstalled CS6 a few minutes ago, because I reinstalled it by accident.

PS CC and CC 2014 ACR version is 8.0.0.137

And as you can see on the first image, all apps are up to date. A few mintues later, (after rebooting my computer) all updates are gone. (clock on the bottom right of the pictures)

I updated like a hundred times! It's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just seen the post from June 23rd. Thank you.

I couldn't work out why my laptop was updating and the desktop wasn't.

All fixed now - even the extension manager which had also dug its heels in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2014 Jul 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too am having this problem.  I am on Windows 7.

Both my copies of Photoshop CC and Photoshop CC 2014 show ACR version 8.0.0.137.  My copy of Lightroom shows ACR vers 8.5.  This afternoon I reinstalled Photoshop CC using the "previous version" directions listed in the above post dated June 23 - no effect on updating CC or CC 2014 to ACR 8.5. 

When I open the "Help" "Updates" menu in Photoshop CC 2014, it shows that my system is current and updated (which it obviously is not).  Preferences there also list Photoshop Camera Raw 7 and Photoshop Camera Raw 8, so update preferences seem to be set correctly, yet it is not picking up the need to update to version 8.5.

I'm at a loss as to how to proceed.  Any additional help is appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines