• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open Camera Raw

New Here ,
Mar 13, 2021 Mar 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I selected an image in Bridge and tried to open it in Camera Raw when I right-click it I get the message:

"Unable to use the Camera Raw plug-in.

"It is not compatible with this version of Bridge."

All my apps are up to date, and if I hover over Camera Raw it lists version 13.2

I saw that I could export an image from Bridge as a raw file, but there doesn't seem to be that option either.

The Creative Cloud Desktop doesn't seem to list an option to open Camera Raw, and I can't find any way to open it for any image or to even just open it if that's an option. 

I should mention I don't think I have used Camera Raw since CC5.5.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@The_Mage wrote:

The Creative Cloud Desktop doesn't seem to list an option to open Camera Raw, and I can't find any way to open it for any image or to even just open it if that's an option. 

The Creative Cloud does update Camera Raw and perhaps that's what you need to do:

CCUpdate.jpg

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Creative Cloud lists that it is up to date. 

Camera Raw.png

And I just figured out why it wasn't working.

The above image shows Media Encoder v 13.1.5. Above that (not shown,) is v 14.9 and v 15.0 above that. After I took this screenshot I realized that there may be more versions of Bridge and my computer might not open the current version. And it wasn't opening the current version.

I should have caught this since I kept opening up the older version of Photoshop when I only wanted the most recent version opened. That kept confusing me because my settings were changing on me back and forth, and the recent files were also changing on me. 

So, problem resolved. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines