• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open .CR2 files in PhotoShop CS5, Camera RAW or Adobe DNG Converter

New Here ,
May 21, 2012 May 21, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Firstly take note I shot these with a Canon EOS 450D (or Rebel XSi)...

I see a lot of answers speaking about having the most up to date version of the Camera RAW Plug-in.

I have a similar issue with my .CR2 files... I cannot open them in Camera RAW because it tells me that my camera model or make is not supported by the Plug-in, and so I was directed by other forums to just try converting the .CR2 files to .DNG. I already had the Adobe DNG Converter (version 6.5 I believe), so I tried this. It too told me that my files or camera make were not supported.

However, I have always been able to successfully both open my .CR2 files AND convert them to .DNG. I had not updated anything on my camera nor on my Adobe programs and for some reason this last attempt to open RAW files failed me... I have no idea what change would have led to it. Luckily I shot in both RAW and Large JPG but I certainly don't want to rely on my JPGs of course... Any idea why this problem might have arisen now if it had always worked easily in the past?

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 22, 2012 May 22, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are these the same exact files you've opened before that you cannot now open?

Or are they newly copied files (camera or CF card to computer)?

Can you not open ANY Canon 450D files, even those you find online and download?

What I'm getting at with these questions is to try to eliminate or suspect data corruption of the files on your disk.

Exactly what versions of the various tools do you have, specifically (don't guess - go check)?

-Noel

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not been able to successfully open these files in the past. I have been able to open the same file format taken from the same camera opened with the same computer, OS, and programs in the past. I shot these photos with both RAW and Large JPG and I am able to successfully open all JPGs of these same images, just not the .CR2 files.

I have Photoshop CS5, Adobe Bridge CS5 and the Camera Raw Plug-in that came with said Bridge.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2012 May 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your files are probably corrupted. Please upload one of them to www.dropbox.com or www.yousendit.com and post the public download link, here. If the files you already have are not for public viewing, then take one more of a blank wall or other innocuous subject, transfer it to your computer using the same process as the most recent ones that do not work, and upload that as the example, after verifying it also has the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 23, 2012 Dec 23, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had the same problem!! I went into photoshop then under the help tab there is an updates option. After I updated my program it started to work again. Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines