Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't open my RAW files in CS6!!

New Here ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I recently bought a new camera; Canon 5D mark IV and now i cant open my raw files i bridge cs6 even though i updated everything it says.. and i need to fix this as soon as possible. please help me!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

This camera requires at least Camera Raw version 9.7, but the latest version for CS6 is 9.1.1. CS6 is old software, and hasn't been updated for several years.

You can download the free DNG converter, which will convert (copies of) your raw files to DNG files, which can be opened by CS6.

See Adobe Digital Negative Converter for instructions on how to use it.

To be able to open your raw files directly in Bridge/Photoshop, you will have to subscribe to the CC Photography plan ($10 a month for Photosho

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
May 15, 2018 May 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This camera requires at least Camera Raw version 9.7, but the latest version for CS6 is 9.1.1. CS6 is old software, and hasn't been updated for several years.

You can download the free DNG converter, which will convert (copies of) your raw files to DNG files, which can be opened by CS6.

See Adobe Digital Negative Converter for instructions on how to use it.

To be able to open your raw files directly in Bridge/Photoshop, you will have to subscribe to the CC Photography plan ($10 a month for Photoshop and Lightroom).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2020 Jun 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apologies for the negativity, but this is just another reason to move away from Adobe!! My other software has no problems opening my 5D4 files natively, I own the software forever and have already almost abandoned Lightroom - mainly because of the subscription model which I am very much not a fan of. So I don't HAVE to subscribe to anything. I open my files in my other software and take them across to Photoshop that way - if I even need to these days.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines