Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Can't update brush preset anymore

Explorer ,
Jun 27, 2022 Jun 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, 

I noticed that it is not possible anymore to update a brush preset after changes have been made. Once I choose a brush preset, paint and then adjust any setting the preset is shown as "none" and the changes can not be save/updated with the previously chosen preset. 

Bug or feature? If feature it makes no sense having to save new presets over and over. 
Oliver

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you referring to the size and feather of the brush or the settings for the brush (Exposure, Contrast etc). The presets do affect the later for me, not the former. Those presets affect the adjustment as labeled, not the brush itself. 

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am talking about the settings (Exposure, Contrast etc) saved as a preset for a brush.
It used to be possible to choose a preset, paint with the brush, adjust the settings and then update the previously chosen preset with these changed settings. It is still possible in LR but not in ACR. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works for me, that is, each preset does alter those settings.

Try resetting your ACR preferences, better?
Hold down the Command key and select Photoshop > Preferences > Camera Raw (MacOS) or hold down the Ctrl key and select Edit > Preferences > Camera Raw (Windows).
Click Yes in the dialog that asks "Delete the Camera Raw Preferences?"

Author ā€œColor Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, do check the check box: Reset Sliders Automatically. The presets should still work, but that would affect the default behavior of a NEW brush. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can choose each brush (settings) preset, use it, change the settings. All this works as before. BUT I can not update an existing preset with new settings. 
If I do the same thing in Lightroom this happens. Select the brush tool, choose a preset (Effect: Name) and paint. Once I then change the brush setting the preset is marked as "Effekt: Name (edited)" and a click opens a context menue that allows me to "Update preset "Name"" with these new settings. 
This updateing used to be possible in ACR too but now is gone. Sorry but my ACR is not in English there I might not use the correct terminology. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated an existing preset by altering a setting (Exposure for example) and then saving it as the same name (test1). Unlike LR, there isn't a Update preset "Name"with these new settings warning or anything but it does update that setting which I what I think you want. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2022 Jun 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I will try this. Still it is not very convient having to type the name again. I'm pretty sure presets were updateable like they are in LR before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 29, 2022 Jun 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's not as nice as LR but the same results; you have to type a new name here, or "Update preset "Name" there. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 30, 2022 Jun 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The thing is that it used to be possible. Unfortunately Adobe seems to make ACR more and more user-unfriendly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines