Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update Camera Raw plug in - older version is still appearing

New Here ,
May 09, 2017 May 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello -

I have a new camera and my RAW files are appearing as icons and not opening in Photoshop and Bridge.  I get an error message in Photoshop taking me to an Adobe page. Cameras supported by Camera Raw  I updated the plug in and restarted machine. But I am still getting error message. I looked about Adobe Photoshop Camera Raw and the old plug in is appearing still, 9.1 and not 9.10.  I wanted to clear the old plug in out from system and and reinstall . But I cannot find the old plug in. Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

CS6 only supports up to Camera Raw 9.1.1.

If you need a later version for your camera, you can either upgrade to Ps CC or use the free DNG Converter utility to convert your files to DNG before importing. You can find the DNG Converter 9.10 for Mac here:  http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6129

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10

Votes

Translate

Translate
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What version of Photoshop are you running?  What type of system?

Richard Southworth

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response.

Photoshop CS6   Version 13.0.6 on Mac using OS Sierra 10.12.4

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 only supports up to Camera Raw 9.1.1.

If you need a later version for your camera, you can either upgrade to Ps CC or use the free DNG Converter utility to convert your files to DNG before importing. You can find the DNG Converter 9.10 for Mac here:  http://supportdownloads.adobe.com/detail.jsp?ftpID=6129

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Adobe DNG Converter 9.10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response. I downloaded DNG Converter 9.10 and restarted machine. Still seeing files as icon's and not able to open.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the instructions for using the DNG Converter to convert your files to DNG:

Adobe Digital Negative Converter 9.x

You will need to convert your raw files to DNG using the utility and once that is done, you should be able to import.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for response and your time. Probably just return $6500.00 Canon, this is not worth my time. Use my older model for now that is supported.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Which Canon camera are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines