• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cannot update Camera RAW [Unable to open Canon 100D Raw files in CS5]

New Here ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using Photoshop CS5 on a Mac running OSX 10.11.6, completely updated. It will not allow me to open .CR2 files, stating that "Appears to be from a camera model which is not supported by the installed version of Camera RAW".

The camera is a Canon EOS 100D (EOS Digital Rebel SL1)

I have downloaded the camera raw update 9.1.1 and attempted to install it multiple times. The install completes with no errors. However, whenever I check the plug-in version, it shows 6.0.0.205.

I have gone to run updates from the update manager but it says there are no updates and everything is the latest version.

I am open to any suggestions anyone might have.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

The 100D was first supported in Camera Raw 7.4.

Unfortunately CS5 is only compatible with Camera Raw up to version 6.7 so you'll never be able to open those Raw files in CS5.

Since you've got Raw 6.0 installed, I suggest you update to 6.7 anyway

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

Options:

1. Join the Cloud Photography Plan for $10/month and open the Raw files in the latest

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 16, 2018 Oct 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Cameras supported by Camera Raw

Camera Raw plug-in and Adobe application compatibility

The 100D was first supported in Camera Raw 7.4.

Unfortunately CS5 is only compatible with Camera Raw up to version 6.7 so you'll never be able to open those Raw files in CS5.

Since you've got Raw 6.0 installed, I suggest you update to 6.7 anyway

Adobe - Adobe Camera Raw and DNG Converter : For Macintosh : Camera Raw 6.7 Update

Options:

1. Join the Cloud Photography Plan for $10/month and open the Raw files in the latest version of Photoshop - but you'd have to upgrade your operating system first, or
  2. Free option: download and install the free Adobe DNG converter. Convert all your 100D Raw files to DNG format then edit the DNG files (not the Raw files) in CS5. An extra step for you but no extra cost.
    Digital Negative (DNG), Adobe DNG Converter | Adobe Photoshop CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines