• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Canon EF lens correction data shifting color profile

New Here ,
Nov 20, 2021 Nov 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having a color managment issue with my Canon R5 & RF 24-70 lens. My editor/post processer of 7 years sends me jpegs that look washed out, missing reds, flat, etc. Everything looks good on her end and on my graphic designers end, so I figured it was my screeen (althougth all of us are on calibrated imacs, using the same color profiles, etc and same version of photoshop and bridge).For the first time in 20 years, I've gotten some complaints and comments from clients regarding the color. I recently started printing orders for clients and the prints match what I'm seeing on my screen (washed out colors, little to no reds, flat, etc) . Adobe escalated my case and said a senior tech would call me muliple times and never called. I finally spoke to Canon yesterday and they told me about an issue they are seeing some R5 or RF lens users involving adobe. I'm not techinical, so here's what I heard them say:

"Lens correction data is shifting color profile" and they recommend remoing the lens profle from Photoshop or adjusting defringing.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

TOPICS
macOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You export as DNG (in Workflow options), then you upload to something like Dropbox. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then what do you want me to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@ccphoto345 wrote:

Then what do you want me to do with it?

I've answered that at two times. 

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management/pluralsight"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 21, 2021 Nov 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you show me, I've gone through the data you sent a few times:

"Next, it might be useful to save off a DNG (it bakes in ALL your edits and profiles) and upload to something like Dropbox for us to examine." - how do I get this to you?

"With an embedded profile and or course, a well calibrated and profiled display, what Photoshop shows you IS correct. Outside of a color managed application (which your editor may be using), not the case."  we are both using photoshop

You've sent me alot of information, which I'm going through, can you let me know what to do with the DNG so you can see it, and I'm sorry I can't find your instructions. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines