• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC Camera Raw Adjustments not showing in CS5/6

New Here ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all, I have searched at length for an answer to this but to no avail. I'm hoping that someone here will have a quick fix.

In my workplace we are currently running different versions of Photoshop/Bridge ranging from CC back to CS5 and CS6. The reason for this is that we have machines of different ages and our funding dictates that we can't update them all to the same version.

Since getting our newest macbook which is running CC, i have noticed that any image adjustments that are made to .NEF files when opened in Bridge and edited in Camera Raw, are not being saved into the .xmp file, so when the image is opened in Bridge on another machine the image appears as it would straight out of the camera. Strangely, any cropping done on the CC machine remains intact, only image adjustments such as exposure are affected.

So i guess my question is, is Camera Raw in CC incompatible with older versions, and if so, is it possible to tell it to edit in such a way that it is compatible with previous versions?

Thanks in advance for any input.

Ieuan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 08, 2017 Mar 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Camera Raw Preferences (accessed from inside of ACR) be sure the preference "Save image settings in:" is set to "Sidecar ".xmp" files (and not set to Camera Raw database).

ACR will then use the sidecar file and not the database for the image settings...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2017 Mar 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeff, thanks for your reply. I can confirm the save image settings is set to: Sidecar ".xmp" files. This is true for both the new macbook running CC and the older machines running CS5/6.

is there anything else you are aware of that might affect this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines